Missing or unusable .esm file 

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
elijah888
Bettler
Bettler

I just played yesterday and everything was fine. Today, when I try to load I get the following errors. However, I can find the .esm file in the steam directory and it's writable. Not sure what changed.

I've attached snips from the two error messages I have.
Dateianhänge
Enderal2.PNG
Enderal2.PNG (800.71 KiB) 1946 mal betrachtet
Enderal1.PNG
Enderal1.PNG (390.88 KiB) 1946 mal betrachtet
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

honestly, no idea how that happened :/
are you playing with "Classic" Enderal or the SE version? and which language (presumably english)?

did you change anything about the installation?
change the language / download a patch / set up any Mod Managers / install any mods / ...?

if the issue is not solved by simply reenabling the Enderal - Forgotten Stories.esm in Data Files (in the Launcher)
please let Steam verify your game files and try again.
(restarting Steam may help as well)

good luck :)
elijah888
Bettler
Bettler

I'm not sure which version but it's the recent one on Steam.

I haven't modified anything but I did install Vortex and added Enderal but haven't added any mods to it. I tried launching it through Vortex and I get the same error. Could Vortex be the problem?
elijah888
Bettler
Bettler

I did try validating through Steam and it found 3 files with problems and fixed them. Then it did the same thing...
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

hello elijah888
Vortex is not necessarily the most up-to-date system, not for EnderalSE
If you absolutely want to use modmanager, then e.g. the current ModOrganizer 2.

Modmanagers like to take control of settings and then ignore launcher settings, at least when working with profiles,
so in your case I would uninstall Vortex and try again (if necessary start the Enderal launcher as administrator)
elijah888
Bettler
Bettler

Stefanie,

Thank you so much! That fixed it. :D

Brian
yggdrasil75
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

elijah/brian, please join nexus mods [discord]https://discord.com/invite/nexusmods[/url] in the vortex support channel post your question. I can help you more quickly there with your issue. with the limited info I am going to guess you were launching sse enderal se via enderal se steam or you were launching steam enderal se via the sse game mode. either method would produce errors, but I cant verify without more info.

stefanie: mo2 enderal se extension last update that did more than fix a typo was 3 days after vortex extension last update. mo2 is no more up to date than vortex. claiming as much is incorrect. please instead point users towards nexus forums or nexus discord if they have errors with vortex.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1