Data Files settings don't save 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Suomu
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi.
I have been playing Enderal SE for a while now and modded it too. After realizing that I broke the game's textures and meshes with certain Skyrim SE mods I decided to uninstall all mods and re-install the game to get normal textures back.
However I have noticed that every time I check the box for Enderal Forgotten Stories.esm and save the settings and then open the window again I notice it is not checked. When I DO get it saved and launch the game (after multiple times clicking save settings), the saved game complains that I do not have it checked and launches me back into menu.
How do I get the data files settings to save properly?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

do/did you use a ModManager?
it's possible that it stored plugin informations somewhere else and overwrites the Launcher.
in that case it should help to start the manager and check the esm with that.

otherwise make sure you have write permission on these folders, the first one should be the most important one in your case
(you can copy and paste the first two paths)
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Enderal Special Edition (Mod Settings)
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\Enderal Special Edition (settings and savegames)
...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal Special Edition (game installation folder)
(right - click on the folder, select properties, disable "write protection". no worries if it 'activates' itself again)

if that doesn't work, try to run the Enderal Launcher.exe (found in the game folder) as administrator.

hope that helps :)
Suomu
Bettler
Bettler

23.05.2021 14:25urst hat geschrieben:
hi, welcome to the forum!

do/did you use a ModManager?
it's possible that it stored plugin informations somewhere else and overwrites the Launcher.
in that case it should help to start the manager and check the esm with that.

otherwise make sure you have write permission on these folders, the first one should be the most important one in your case
(you can copy and paste the first two paths)
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Enderal Special Edition (Mod Settings)
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\Enderal Special Edition (settings and savegames)
...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal Special Edition (game installation folder)
(right - click on the folder, select properties, disable "write protection". no worries if it 'activates' itself again)

if that doesn't work, try to run the Enderal Launcher.exe (found in the game folder) as administrator.

hope that helps :)
Hi and thanks for the answer. I use Nexus Mod Manager but currently every mod for Enderal is disabled. NMM's plugin list has Forgotten Stories ticked as always.
I un-ticked the "read only" aka. the write protection from what I understand on every file you mentioned. I also launched the game as administrator. It still doesn't let me save the plugins in Data Files section of launcher.
I noticed now that every time I click "save changes" and wait for 2-3 seconds I see a millisecond flash of a small window. It resets the plugin changes after that small window. I don't know what reads in the window because it is gone immediately.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

does NMM support Enderal SE or did you create a profile with Skyrim SE?

my guess is still that after reinstalling the modmanager uses a different file than the launcher.

it's been a while since i used NMM, and i can only give some very rough recommandations (/guesses)
can you
- launch Enderal SE with NMM?
- open the folder to the "Enderal SE" profile?
- remove the profile and create a new one instead?
- re-add the game/-folders?

we'll try this:
- delete the Enderal SE profile in NMM
- remove the folder of NMM's Enderal SE profile from wherever it's originally located (back it up if you want to keep it/i'm wrong)
- delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Enderal Special Edition
- let Steam verify your game files
- try again and hope for the best
Suomu
Bettler
Bettler

23.05.2021 20:31urst hat geschrieben:
does NMM support Enderal SE or did you create a profile with Skyrim SE?

my guess is still that after reinstalling the modmanager uses a different file than the launcher.

it's been a while since i used NMM, and i can only give some very rough recommandations (/guesses)
can you
- launch Enderal SE with NMM?
- open the folder to the "Enderal SE" profile?
- remove the profile and create a new one instead?
- re-add the game/-folders?

we'll try this:
- delete the Enderal SE profile in NMM
- remove the folder of NMM's Enderal SE profile from wherever it's originally located (back it up if you want to keep it/i'm wrong)
- delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Enderal Special Edition
- let Steam verify your game files
- try again and hope for the best
Okay I got it now. I did a mistake in the last part where you suggested to launch the .exe. I had NMM open in the background but if I close NMM it lets me save the order without reverting them back. I'll try install the mods now, sort them and launch the game from .exe/Steam from now on.
Thanks for the help, I got to learn something about NMM's workings and why some people prefer Mod Organizer instead.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

nice, good to know you got it to work :thumbsup:

for what it's worth, Vortex supports both Enderal versions natively and it seemed way easier to me than MO.
we can't help you that much with NMM (as you noticed), but if it's working otherwise, why switch :D
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1