"Word of the Dead" quest broken: Jespar not following 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Stubbs
Bettler
Bettler

So I started the 'Word of the Dead' quest, travelled to the Myrad Tower to meet Jespar and he started following me. I went off to do my own thing and Jespar stopped following (so far so good). Unfortunately, when I returned to progress the quest, Jespar somehow managed to go to the Myrad Tower in Ark and will not follow me any more no matter what I do so I can't progress the quest. Grateful for any fixes you can think of!

I have tried using consol commands to move Jespar and also used them to disable and re-enable him. This didn't work. Moving him to the gate at the 'Aged Man's House' doesn't progress the quest either so there seems to be a bug somewhere. I've also tried re-loading the save a few times but no luck. I sunk quite a few hours into other quests after I left Jespar so I'm keen not to have to revert to a much older save file to fix this if possible.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Stubbs
Are you using Enderal-FS_LE(32bit) or Emderal-FS_SE(64bit)?
So you left Jespar in the wilderness in an "active quest phase" and now he's annoyed?
A save game just before the problem would probably be a better solution.
Otherwise we need a current game state to see if it is solvable. (before you have used the console for anything!)
saved games can be found here: ...\Documents\my games\Enderal Special Edition\Saves
We need the -.ess and the -.skse file of the same name, put both in a zip or rar archive (the forum does not accept *.skse otherwise).

You should never use the console on its own, as this will cause errors that are not always immediately visible and then usually can no longer be fixed.
This is always the worst solution and only if we check this for your individual problem.
Stubbs
Bettler
Bettler

Hi Stefanie,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Yep, Jespar refuses to move anywhere with me (but will draw weapons/crouch with me so isn't entirely unresponsive!). I've attached my save files for you - hope this works! Let me know if I've done anything wrong.
Dateianhänge
Broken_Files_270421.zip
(1.82 MiB) 39-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Stubbs
I don't know how you managed that (maybe with wrong commands in the console?), normally Jespar waits where you move away from him
(or at least close to it).
Anyway, I managed to make him follow you again, and hope your problem is solved (save attached).

PS: You have quite a lot of unused learning points and no normal food, but this is your decision and just a hint from me ^
Dateianhänge
Stubbs.7z
a save just behind the myrad tower and one just before the house
(just ingnore the mod "Testchest")
(2.53 MiB) 43-mal heruntergeladen
Stubbs
Bettler
Bettler

Amazing, thanks so much!
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1