Optimization Question 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
kylepatrick51
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello all,
First I would like to say that I love Enderal and played it years ago when the Mod first was released. Now, I am playing the Steam SE Version of Enderal: Forgotten Stories. My issue is that my game constantly dips to 10-20 fps out of no where and then will bounce back up to about 60 fps. My hardware should be adequate, and all settings are set to maximum. Even when disabling shadows, lowering decal counts, and other settings I am not seeing a notable change in fps, maybe 3-7 frames at max. This is in interior cells as well as exterior.

I am running zero mods and only a clean install of the SE of Enderal: Forgotten Stories on Steam. For reference, I average a near consistent 60-100 frames playing Skyim SE with graphics mods. One thing I did change however was the resolution, 3840 x 2160 was not available in the "common" section of the Enderal launcher. I input 3840 x 2160 on my own and the game ran fine for the first fifteen minutes. I have also tried lower resolutions with no noticeable difference.

My Specs are as follows:

RTX 3080
32gb DDR4
i9- 10900k

If anyone can help me or have any ideas please feel free to share :thumbsup:
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!
the game ran fine for the first fifteen minutes
does that mean you played (roughly) the first fifteen minutes of Enderal and after that the game became laggy?
that may point to a buggy quest or something similar.
can you load a save from before then?

or can you play for like fifteen minutes everytime you launch the game before the lag starts?

could you attach savegames (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal Special Edition)?
we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file; pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse)
an up-to-date one and if applicable one before that happened.
thank you :)
kylepatrick51
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thank you for your reply! I was able to play through the first instance of the game (on the boat) with no hiccups. I then experienced my first performance drop after this instance, outside of the temple and inside the beginning temple. Loading an older save did not seem to change anything.

When reloading a save, I usually will see a performance increase for about 5-10 minutes then drop back down again. Could the autosave feature be to blame?

I attached the files you had mentioned earlier, the only saves I currently have are my quicksaves and autosaves (I am very bad
at saving as you'll be able to tell. I attached every save that is in my documents folder. Might be overkill, might not lol.

Thanks again for the help!

Update: I turned auto save off, over clocked by GPU by 10%, and also allocated 1gb of extra ram for the game. It runs like a dream now, pushing well over 60fps after multiple quick saves and hard saves. Unsure what the issue was but it’s gone at least for now!
Dateianhänge
Saves.rar
Save games from 4/8/2021
(11.3 MiB) 47-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hey, glad to hear that you could solve it!
thank you for the explanation :thumbsup:
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1