Best Optimization Settings For My PC? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SaiyanBroly
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I posted the same question on Reddit but you cannot put all your eggs in one basket, right?

I played close to 70 hours without crashes but things have become slightly more unstable these past few days with several random crashes at the worst possible moments.

I haven't completely ruled out the possibility that installing one last mod mid-game might be the source of my annoyances but before i take drastic measures and lose a week of progress by uninstalling it (it contains scripts so i won't be able to continue with the saves where that mod has made it's imprint) i would like to see if i can't improve stability a little bit by tweaking some settings in the optimization tab.

My specs

GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

I7-6700

Total Available Graphics Memory: 14306 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 6144 MB

Shared System Memory: 8162 MB

4 Cores

8 Logical Processors

OneTweak is disabled, both ENBoost and OSAllocators are enabled.

So, what options should i pick in the Memory Usage and CPU Usage settings specifically?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello SaiyanBroly

Best settings are often individual, so depending on the system.
If you use the defaults in the launcher and enter your CPU core count and free RAM, that's actually okay.
Individually, the optimizers OneTwek, ENBoost or OSAllocators on or off can be better, as well as individual visibility, here mostly shadow and grass.
There is no perfect for all systems.

If your system was stable, everything seems to have been fine with the settings. ( ! never touch a running system ! ).
If a mod is to blame, other settings probably won't change that.
Which mod is it then, maybe this one has fundamental problems?
SaiyanBroly
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi, thanks for replying.

If i understood you correctly i shouldn't change those settings anymore once i started the game?

As for the mod, it's called "Go To Bed" and can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67763 as the name implies it allows you to play a sleeping animation when you use a bed to rest. The author made a patch for Enderal and it showed no errors in Enderal.Edit when i checked for them.

But i do not think the mod itself is to blame, rather i made the basic mistake of adding it in an ongoing play through which is something that is heavily advised against.

If it's not a good idea to change those optimization settings once you started playing i'm just going to take my chances and remove the mod. Losing a week of progress isn't so bad if it means i get my stability back.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello
This is a pure Skyrim mod, this changes the beds of Enderal, but if you could use this at the wrong time or place now, the game is broken.
Therefore, the mod is clearly incompatible, hands off.
It may be that this has already been saved in the game saves, so I strongly advise you to use a save before installing the mod.
:(
SaiyanBroly
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

08.04.2021 01:58Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Hello
This is a pure Skyrim mod, this changes the beds of Enderal, but if you could use this at the wrong time or place now, the game is broken.
Therefore, the mod is clearly incompatible, hands off.
It may be that this has already been saved in the game saves, so I strongly advise you to use a save before installing the mod.
:(
Thank you kindly for this most definitive answer, Miss.

I had a feeling this was the only conclusion that could be reached and as i said i very much would like my stability back. I will remove the mod tomorrow and revert back to an earlier save.

Thank you again, i will mark this question as solved.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1