game freezes at splash screen

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
ranx_0
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello, I started Enderal a few years ago but forgot to finish it. I want to give it a new try, so I installed clean from steam, launched it yesterday (2021/03/31 15:58:35) and it froze, the splash screen, optimization messages (the white and the red ones) showed up but then nothing, Alt-Tab showing windows but not actually switching to them, I had to disconnect.
Next try (2021/03/31 16:16:46) I unchecked the three optimization options and it worked ! I was able to play a few hours before it ctd, no big deal.
This morning I tried again using at first (2021/04/01 10:06:06) the same and then various conf to no avail, it froze at splash screen.

What do I do wrong, how comes I could make it actually start once ?

Danke für Ihre Hilfe :wink:
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(30.22 KiB) 39-mal heruntergeladen
ranx_0
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Oh and to be more precise, the ctd while playing happened after talking to the sleeping girl outside the ancient ruin on the (sun ?) coast, but this is not my main concern at the moment.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Hello ranx_0
You probably use Enderal ForgottenStories (32bit)?
Enderal can crash sometimes, it is still based on the old Skyrim engine that can never fully utilize today's hardware.
(about 2 to 4h or more of playtime should be possible without chrash).
Therefore, you should also save frequently, not only with autosave or quicksave, but also with different manual saves.
As for the 3 optimizations, they have different success from PC to PC, but a most users benefit from them.
You can also test the rest of the launcher settings to see what works best for you.
For example, the number of your CPU core, the usable RAM, various visibility.
Alternatively, try lowering shadow and grass visibility (even though you have good hardware).
Are you using any mod's? if yes, deactivate or better uninstall them and repair your Enderal-installation with Steam and then test it again.

You can of course wait for the 64bit version (Enderal: Forgotten Stories - Special Edition), which is being tested a lot (for that you need SkyrimSE on Steam),
but your previous savegames are not compatible.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1