I can't get a saved game to load or start a new one 

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Raisan
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello! I'm looking forward to playing this magnificent game but I find that after starting a game (just a few minutes I have played) when I give it to continue the game after a couple of loading screens appear, it crashes me and it jumps to the desktop. The same thing happens to me when I try to start a new game. :?

I have tried to remove the ENB and the ONETweak; to uninstall it and reinstall it, to remove the .ini files and put them back in ... I really ran out of ideas.. :dead:

I'm playing on a laptop with i7 7700HQ, GTX 1050 and 16 GB of RAM .. I don't know if it could be due to this.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and sorry for my English, the google translator is my tool. :lol:
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

it seems like an issue with video sequences.
try changing the screen mode (fullscreen / windowed / borderless window), one of them should work better.
if that doesn't help, you may have to disable the video sequences. (Settings -> Mod Configuration Menu - > Enderal)

hope that helps :)
Raisan
Bettler
Bettler

10.03.2021 19:04urst hat geschrieben:
hi, welcome to the forum!

it seems like an issue with video sequences.
try changing the screen mode (fullscreen / windowed / borderless window), one of them should work better.
if that doesn't help, you may have to disable the video sequences. (Settings -> Mod Configuration Menu - > Enderal)

hope that helps :)

Thank you very much for your answer urst!! Unfortunately the screen mode change did not work; and the deactivation of the video sequences I can't find it .. Could you specify more where I can find that option?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hm, sorry to hear that :(
i attached a screenshot, does that help? (menus are in german, placement should be the same)
Dateianhänge
skip.JPG
skip.JPG (95.04 KiB) 2810 mal betrachtet
Raisan
Bettler
Bettler

11.03.2021 20:53urst hat geschrieben:
hm, sorry to hear that :(
i attached a screenshot, does that help? (menus are in german, placement should be the same)

thanks once again. The problem in this case is that I can't get to my game or start a new one so I can't get to that menu ... :(
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Which language have you activated in Enderal? We currently have a problem with Spanish so I ask.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

hello Raisan

Your notebook doesn't seem to be the problem, otherwise it would never have worked.
The most common cause, defective ini-files, you have already solved by deleting them.

Possible causes and solutions:
- did you check your installation with steam?
- you don't use spanish by chance? (if so, there is a problem with the last update, in this case go to Steam/Enderal/Settings/Local Files/Select Beta 1.6.3.0)
- turn off grass and shadows in the launcher settings (visibility slider to 0)
- (only) as a test you can also run 1x the skse_loader.exe and see if that works
- did you have an update (e.g. Win10 or Antivir) shortly before the problem?
Then you might have windows rights problems now, In this case set the -.exe files in the Enderal folder to "always start as administrator".
(Enderal Launcher.exe; skse_loader.exe; TESV.exe)
Also it can help to put Enderal in the Withelist in the used antivirus program.
- do you use any mods or modmanager? If so, deactivate them or better uninstall them (some mod managers have profiles that could contain broken stuff).
Mod's we can unfortunately not support, errors by mod's can be fixed at most by their creators.

- If you have reinstalled and no file remnants (e.g. from manually installed mod´s) have been deleted before, these might be the problem,
but for this you would have to delete the following 3 enderal folders before reinstalling:
C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal (game installation)
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\enderal (configuration of used mods)
C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal (be careful, in the subfolder "Saves" are also your game saves, maybe save them somewhere else before)

good luck

Edit: In the case you are using the Spanish version, there is a new update that should work now.
Raisan
Bettler
Bettler

the problem should be the translation into Spanish because after the new update it is perfect !!! Thank you all very much for your advice and help !! I owe you some beers. :thumbsup:
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1