Consequences of changing load order. 

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SaiyanBroly
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

While troubleshooting an other and unrelated problem i learned that the official masters of Enderal should be arranged like so:
1. Skyrim.esm
2. Enderal - Forgotten Stories. esm
3. Update.esm

Unfortunately that's not how my mod manager (NMM) sorted them and it likely means that the bug fixes and updates from Update.esm are being overwritten by Enderal - Forgotten Stories. esm because this is how they are sorted in my game:
1. Skyrim.esm
2. Update.esm
3. Enderal - Forgotten Stories. esm

Now, if Skyrim has taught me anything it's that it is a terrible idea to make changes to your load order once you start to actually play the game.

Will i have to start a new game after i correct my load order in order to avoid issues down the road? I'm not that far into the story yet so i would only lose two days worth of progress at most.

Thanks in advance.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

there shouldn't be any issues changing the load order. (it might even be locked by the game itself to the "right" order, not sure).
starting a new game would be safer in any case, though.
SaiyanBroly
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

27.02.2021 21:01urst hat geschrieben:
hi, welcome to the forum :)

there shouldn't be any issues changing the load order. (it might even be locked by the game itself to the "right" order, not sure).
starting a new game would be safer in any case, though.
Thanks for letting me know!

I could not change the load order of the official masters even if i wanted too, though. Doesn't matter what mod manager i use, they seem to be locked in place and wont budge.

I'll just do what i usually do in such situations: not touching anything and hope for the best. :wink:
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1