The Heart of the Swashbuckler is bugged 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
icha
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

The Heart of the Swashbuckler uses the Old Vagrant Dress model, despite showing the correct one when you drop it. Latest update.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your message :) !

Unfortunately there will be no more patches for Enderal Forgotten Stories. The final patch was 1.6.4.0 (please see the explanation there)

Sorry! I hope you still have a lot of fun with Enderal FS!
icha
Bettler
Bettler

07.02.2021 16:52Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your message :) !

Unfortunately there will be no more patches for Enderal Forgotten Stories. The final patch was 1.6.4.0 (please see the explanation there)

Sorry! I hope you still have a lot of fun with Enderal FS!
Ok. Any ideas on how to fix it though?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi,
i'll try to explain as well as i can (hoping we understood you correctly).
- if you don't have the correct mesh and know the correct folder you need to get the CK and the BAE working for Enderal
here's a description on how to do that
(- because I couldn't get it to work the screenshot below is using Skyrim)
- there was probably a good reason the mesh was changed. maybe it was buggy, maybe it was badly optimized, just so you know.

there are two ways to go about that - replacing the mesh directly or creating an esp.
in both cases you need the same tools

this is a link to the armor in question in the wiki.
the IDs might help you, but be wary of spoilers.
assuming you opened Enderal with the CK
1 - look the Armors up. (the "Heart of the Swashbuckler" and an armor that uses that cuirass (no idea what it's called, sorry)
but possibly \meshes\Enderal\armor\Ranger\rangercuirass_0.nif OR \rangercuirass_1.nif )
2 - in this pic it's a bandit cuirass
3* - the name with GO at the end is the groundmodel. if you click "edit" next to that you'll see the filename and folder (as a hint on where to look for your files).
3 - this is the place you want to double click
4 - this is the model that changed, so you click that. there's a male and a female section.
4*- this mesh is used in 1st person. (if no other is available it's usually the "normal" armor)
5 - click on edit transports you to "meshes" - folder

open (at any point) BAE and try to find the cuirass you're looking for. export it into the Swashbuckler folder.

now either rename Cuirass to the name the Swashbuckler uses or change it with the CK.
in that case, at the end ok everything and save the esp.

good luck, hope that helps :)
Dateianhänge
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (239.4 KiB) 1000 mal betrachtet
icha
Bettler
Bettler

07.02.2021 19:05urst hat geschrieben:
hi,
i'll try to explain as well as i can (hoping we understood you correctly).
- if you don't have the correct mesh and know the correct folder you need to get the CK and the BAE working for Enderal
here's a description on how to do that
(- because I couldn't get it to work the screenshot below is using Skyrim)
- there was probably a good reason the mesh was changed. maybe it was buggy, maybe it was badly optimized, just so you know.

there are two ways to go about that - replacing the mesh directly or creating an esp.
in both cases you need the same tools

this is a link to the armor in question in the wiki.
the IDs might help you, but be wary of spoilers.
assuming you opened Enderal with the CK
1 - look the Armors up. (the "Heart of the Swashbuckler" and an armor that uses that cuirass (no idea what it's called, sorry)
but possibly \meshes\Enderal\armor\Ranger\rangercuirass_0.nif OR \rangercuirass_1.nif )
2 - in this pic it's a bandit cuirass
3* - the name with GO at the end is the groundmodel. if you click "edit" next to that you'll see the filename and folder (as a hint on where to look for your files).
3 - this is the place you want to double click
4 - this is the model that changed, so you click that. there's a male and a female section.
4*- this mesh is used in 1st person. (if no other is available it's usually the "normal" armor)
5 - click on edit transports you to "meshes" - folder

open (at any point) BAE and try to find the cuirass you're looking for. export it into the Swashbuckler folder.

now either rename Cuirass to the name the Swashbuckler uses or change it with the CK.
in that case, at the end ok everything and save the esp.

good luck, hope that helps :)
Thanks a lot for such a thorough explanation. I think that does it.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1