Memory points glitch?

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
nl759473
Bettler
Bettler

I recently used a memory point to unlock "Apprentice of the Dark Arts." This reduces the mana cost of psionics and entropy spells of the novice and apprentice levels by 30%. But it doesn't seem to be having this effect. Before I unlocked this perk, it cost 67 mana points to cast Summon Fire Elemental Rank I (an apprentice-level entropy spell). After unlocking the perk, the magic menu still says it costs 67 mana points.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum :)

Do you use any mods?

Please send us a savegame. Then we are able to see if we can reproduce the problem.

They're found in ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves
We'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Best a manual save (no auto or quicksave).
Pack both to a zip or rar archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).
nl759473
Bettler
Bettler

27.01.2021 13:04Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
Welcome to the forum :)

Do you use any mods?

Please send us a savegame. Then we are able to see if we can reproduce the problem.

They're found in ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves
We'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Best a manual save (no auto or quicksave).
Pack both to a zip or rar archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).
Thanks very much for your reply.

I don't use any mods.

Unfortunately up until I had this problem I only used quick saves, I didn't realize manually saving was the practice one should employ to deal with possible bugs.

But I went in and created a manual save just now--I haven't played much at all since I noticed this problem.

So I included on this post a zip file of my last save before posting here (a quicksave) and a zip file of the manual save that I just made.
Dateianhänge
Save 18 - Matt Farmers Coast 17.26.54.zip
(1.61 MiB) 209-mal heruntergeladen
quicksave.zip
(1.63 MiB) 215-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Thank you very much for your hint :thumbsup:

Apparently this is a bug concerning the spell Summon Fire Elemental.

Unfortunately there will be no more patches for Enderal. The final patch was 1.6.4.0
That's why we closed the bugtracker.

Our developers (or the only one who has still done it: stuemper) have no free time left for this.
SureAI is working on a new (commercial) project and many of the previous Enderal volunteer developers have left the team.
But our support continues!
nl759473
Bettler
Bettler

28.01.2021 16:49Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
Thank you very much for your hint :thumbsup:

Apparently this is a bug concerning the spell Summon Fire Elemental.

Unfortunately there will be no more patches for Enderal. The final patch was 1.6.4.0
That's why we closed the bugtracker.

Our developers (or the only one who has still done it: stuemper) have no free time left for this.
SureAI is working on a new (commercial) project and many of the previous Enderal volunteer developers have left the team.
But our support continues!
Thanks for your help.

So you were able to confirm that the glitch affects only the Summon Fire Elemental spell but not other entropy spells? On another forum a poster said he was able to get the Apprentice of the Dark Arts perk to reduce the mana cost of Summon Fire Elemental, so does this glitch only happen sometimes?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

We tested your problem again in the support team (with several chars including a "clean" test char).

The perk basically works! The 30% are not mathematically exact. On the contrary, the savings in mana costs were even higher (but that is less important in this context)!

Unfortunately, we cannot check what is the cause for you if you no longer have a save from you before activating the perk.

If you were not just wrong, there could be different causes (for example previous mods, cheats, equipment, other, possibly buggy perks...?). Unfortunately, we can only guess.

We are not aware of any other bugs regarding spells or perks.
nl759473
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks very much for all your help. I really appreciate it.

I definitely didn't use any mods or cheats so I'm not sure why this might have happened.

I only have two more questions:

1. Were you able to see if the perk glitch is only affecting the Summon Fire Elemental spell for my character, therefore all other entropy spells I have had their mana cost reduced? I ask because I only used Summon Fire Elemental as a point of comparison before I chose the perk, so I don't know if other entropy spells are working right or not.

2. Is there any way to reset a memory point or character progression a little? I have played this character for about 13 hours and it would be unfortunate if I had to start from scratch because I can no longer make progress with perks from leveling up because of this glitch :(
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

30.01.2021 03:14nl759473 hat geschrieben:
1. Were you able to see if the perk glitch is only affecting the Summon Fire Elemental spell for my character, therefore all other entropy spells I have had their mana cost reduced?
No, we can't say for sure if the other spells work since we don't know the exact reason for the malfunction on your side.
Unfortunately, we also don't have a comparison of how much your mana cost was before you activate the perk (as I said above).
It therefore also makes no sense if we test further spells with our own chars.

30.01.2021 03:14nl759473 hat geschrieben:
2. Is there any way to reset a memory point or character progression a little?
There's a mod Amnesia Shrine. Their last update was on January 20, 2020.
After that there were some Enderal patches and we also heard about some problems with the mod in the past. But you can of course try it at your own risk (we don't offer mod support. That´s the modder's job).

In any case, we recommend that you save manually more often in the future. Unfortunately, sometimes it only helps to load an earlier save if problems occur.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1