Enderal Crashes When Autosaving

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Mewion
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Quick preface on this issue and what has happened previously. I clean installed Skyrim, and then Enderal after. I played enderal for a good 20 minutes, and realized I could not save. For some reason, windows defender was preventing the game from saving (Which makes no sense because I have it completely off), but after allowing enderal through, it can save now. I don't know if this issue is related, but sometimes when the game attempts to autosave, ie: going through a door, when the game normally autosaves (if thats on), and when the game autosaves for story reasons. All of these may result in a crash to desktop, around 10% of the time. Does anyone have anything that might help?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welome to the forum :)

yeah, that sound at least somewhat related. do you use a second antivirus / firewall?
it might be an issue with that (whitelist Enderal Launcher.exe, tes5.exe und skse_loader.exe and let them use administrator rights)
Mewion
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I don't have any secondary firewalls, and enderal, the launcher, and skyrim itself are all already allowed through windows defender.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

In general about your crashes, experiment with the following:

- (de)activate ENBoost, OSAllocators and/or OneTweak
- make sure no other mods are installed or activated
- let steam verify your game files
- don't use ALT+TAB during loading screens to change to another window-->it can take a while for the game to load and it might even seem unresponsive (cursor becoming a circle)
- change the preferences in the launcher (don't play on full ultra settings), make sure that CPU and RAM usage in the “optimisations” tab are on max

You can also send us a savegame.
They're found in ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves
We'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Best a manual save (no auto or quicksave).
Pack both to a zip or rar archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).

Regardless of that: you don't need to have Skyrim installed for the Steam version of Enderal.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1