Enderal won't start from the launcher at all, no errors. 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Gammavali
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Verified the files in steam, reinstalled Enderal and restarted pc then tried starting it, set as admin when starting it, uninstalled then shut down pc and downloaded it again and still nothing has worked. I just want to enjoy this game but it's giving me this problem constantly with no error to go off of and I've never even played it before.
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(12.4 KiB) 77-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

- do you have Skyrim installed and can check if that launches without issue?
- do you open the launcher with Steam?
if you do (as you should), try to open the Enderal launcher.exe or the skse_launcher.exe
in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal. does one of those work?
- is there a black window appearing (and closing) when trying to start, or does the button just not do anything?
- there may be a writing or antivirus protection on the gamefolder (and/or the mygames-folder)
- you could also try to remove the *.ini - files in that one ( ..\Documents\My Games\Enderal)
- did you install any mods or skse? a modified version of the latter is included, please do not try to 'update' it
(Enderal should open regardless, just want to make sure)

good luck :)
Gammavali
Bettler
Bettler

1- Yes I did have both Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition installed before and it still wouldn't work.
2- Yes I did, also through the exe in its folder. Including starting it as Admin.
3- skse_loader.exe did show up a couple times and once right before I wrote this but it just closes the launcher like it's actually starting the game and yet the game doesn't actually start.
4- I only have the Win10 Virus & Threat Protection on, no other problems and always excluded my steam folders.
5- Just tried removing the .ini files and verifying cache in steam, also didn't work.
6- I did not try to install SKSE or anything else.

And of course it's working through SKSE_loader.exe in the folder for it after I make that list above of things that didn't work. Thank you for responding and I should've tried that last night when I was attempting to fix this problem for 3 hours straight.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

well that's something i guess :D

did you restart your PC during that time?
Steam seems to need that sometimes.

you could try to "reinstall" Steam (without losing games)
remove everything in your main Steam directory except the folder steamapps and the steam.exe
you'd start the exe and everything gets downloaded again.

it's a shot on the dark, but could help anyway.
(a real reinstall would also work of course, but that will probably take longer)
Gammavali
Bettler
Bettler

Yeah I had restarted my PC a few times, I'm fine with having to start it through the skse launcher since it works just fine through that. Played it for an hour and no problems, I'll try your suggestions later to get it working through steam/the actual launcher though.
Gammavali
Bettler
Bettler

As it turns out redownloading steam files didn't fix it. Oh well I'll just leave it be and play the game through the skse_launcher.exe itself.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1