same song stuck playing

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
nylarac
Bettler
Bettler

i found a possible solution online (to remove the song via console command) but i don't know what the name of the song is (or the id to use for the console command for that matter)
i'm also wondering if that would remove the song from the game permanently? it's a somewhat common song that's used for emotional scenes and it would be sad if it would just be silent during those scenes
it's a sad sounding piano song if that helps at all
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

do/did you use any cheats or mods?
it sound like the song got stuck during a quest, do you remember when that happened?

please attach a savegame (no auto- or quicksave)
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal). we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file; pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive.
(the forum doesn't accept *.skse)
thank you :)
nylarac
Bettler
Bettler

04.12.2020 18:36urst hat geschrieben:
hi, welcome to the forum!

do/did you use any cheats or mods?
it sound like the song got stuck during a quest, do you remember when that happened?

please attach a savegame (no auto- or quicksave)
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal). we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file; pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive.
(the forum doesn't accept *.skse)
thank you :)
hi! i'm not sure, i was playing with the sound off for a while. the only cheats i use are tgm and tcl occasionally, no mods

edit: figured out how to attach the file lol
Dateianhänge
Save 20 - Caleb Whisperwoods 20.33.01.zip
(1.7 MiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von nylarac am 04.12.2020 20:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
nylarac
Bettler
Bettler

also, an update: it looks like the song was fleshless but when i tried the console command someone else used to fix it (removemusic _00E_Music_Special_Dreams) the song continued to play
when i looked through the soundtrack it does look like there are multiple versions of fleshless. maybe this is just for a different version and needs a different code?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

it's not 'Fleshless', but a song from the Rhaláta-Questline that apparently only plays while your in the orphanage.
do you remember anything out of the ordinary while playing that part?

otherwise we'll assume that you used tgm the whole time and that was the reason for the song looping.
(PLEASE don't do this can absolutely destroy your saves beyond any saving attempts)
(this Questline is doable with level 20, but you didn't use any of your learning points.
we're not judging this, just wanting to make sure that you know of that system and that this isn't some obscure bug that needs to be fixed)

[+] ANYWAY
the command you need is
Code: Alles auswählen
  removemusic 0102F2E1
nylarac
Bettler
Bettler

04.12.2020 21:14urst hat geschrieben:
hi :)

it's not 'Fleshless', but a song from the Rhaláta-Questline that apparently only plays while your in the orphanage.
do you remember anything out of the ordinary while playing that part?

otherwise we'll assume that you used tgm the whole time and that was the reason for the song looping.
(PLEASE don't do this can absolutely destroy your saves beyond any saving attempts)
(this Questline is doable with level 20, but you didn't use any of your learning points.
we're not judging this, just wanting to make sure that you know of that system and that this isn't some obscure bug that needs to be fixed)

[+] ANYWAY
the command you need is
Code: Alles auswählen
  removemusic 0102F2E1
ohh ok it sounded very similar
i didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but i did play that part with the game muted
but yeah i did use tgm for that whole questline lol
i didn't realize tgm could destroy saves that's good to know i used it constantly near the end of the game on my first playthrough but thankfully didn't run into any trouble that time around
tysm!!
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

"TGM, TCL" and other cheats can cause permanent damage if used at the wrong time.
(often during active quest phases or at special locations)
They are not always immediately visible, they cannot always be repaired later.
Here you probably had luck^

This is also the reason why we very rarely issue console commands that help in exactly this tested situation, not in similar ones.
nylarac
Bettler
Bettler

05.12.2020 01:01Stefanie hat geschrieben:
"TGM, TCL" and other cheats can cause permanent damage if used at the wrong time.
(often during active quest phases or at special locations)
They are not always immediately visible, they cannot always be repaired later.
Here you probably had luck^

This is also the reason why we very rarely issue console commands that help in exactly this tested situation, not in similar ones.
is there another way to make the game easier? i already play on the easiest settings but my computer can barely run enderal (it's often at 4 fps) so combat tends to be pretty rough. i don't really enjoy combat regardless and just want to play for the story more than anything
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

On the one hand, you can reduce the fighting difficulty completely,
on the other hand, you can make better use of the means contained in the game
(e.g. distribute learning points and experience points according to your needs).
Also, the more you explore, the easier the game becomes,
so outside of quests to gain experience points and also to find very good equipment and money.

As for your low fps number, we probably need to know what kind of PC you use?
Very often other settings in the Enderal-launcher are helpful for better individual performance.
-e.g. reduce or disable shadow and grass display
-set your PC data correctly there, (RAM, number of CPU cores...)
- lower rendering distance and details

A small side effect: you will see much more of the game and enjoy more at the same time. :wink:
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1