My game might be broken.

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
FreshwaterMermaid
Bettler
Bettler

So I made an account to post here because I really don't know what to do. I just began playing Enderal for the first time since its original launch and things have been great...up until a few minutes ago. And then everything went wrong fast.
So I just finished up the quest where you investigate the man Pentas who was murdered because the mayor's wife and brother were having an affair together. I go into the mayor's house, give him the news, finish the quest, go to exit his house. And crash to desktop.
That's the first time it's happened so far in my small 6 hours of gameplay. I reload the game and try again, only for it to CTD again when I try to exit the mayor's house, so I used a coc command to bring me into the Riverville marketplace. I then go into the tavern to meet Jaspar, who was supposed to take me to Ark. But upon exiting the tavern, first it did another CTD.
Then I disabled autosave, tried again, and upon exiting the door I was brought to a blank purple-sky where all I could do was click something in front of me called 'open to Gold Coast' or something similar.
I tried and it just brought me back to that same purple sky screen each time, like a loop. So I reloaded an older save before I went into the mayor's house...only to find my character moving very fast and erratic. It was unplayable how fast she was moving, it made the whole game jitter. Now I am afraid of loading the game again for fear of making whatever is happening worse.
Please tell me I won't have to start all over again. I hope you guys can help me out.
FreshwaterMermaid
Bettler
Bettler

Okay so update, it may in fact be the Pentas quest that's bugging things up. I loaded a save to right before I confront the brother near Pentas' house, and as soon as he gets exploded by the ghost woman, I tested loading doors by entering the Pentas house and then exiting. I exited back to the spot on the shore where he got exploded, each time. I then went to Riverville, entered the inn, exited, and CTD. I was walking normally the whole time, though.
If anyone know the quest id would doing a setstage complete fix this problem? I'd hate to miss out on the rewards the mayor gives me but if it's the only way to not break the game I'll take it.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum :)

You should be careful with setstage commands. You can also break some things that only become apparent later.

Have you installed mods or used other cheats?

Let Steam check your game for errors.

If incompatible mods have been installed, they should be uninstalled before Steam Check (not just deactivated). But if errors have already written into the save, it becomes critical.

If that does not work, please upload a suitable savegame (under the message window as a file attachment).
They're found in ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves
We'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Best a manual save (if possible no auto or quicksave).
Pack both to a zip or rar archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse format).

Then we can see if we can reproduce your problem.
FreshwaterMermaid
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the reply. I have a few mods but they have seemed to work fine so far, and none of them are huge. They're mostly all just texture replacers for armors and NPC replacers. I do also have a small mod that adds a follower, Amanda, to the game.
The only cheats I've used so far was I used the kill command during the beginning part to kill that mud troll in the crypt, just cause I wanted to get passed him fast. I'll upload a few saves from before, during and after the buggy part that I have kept. I really do think it's that quest though, as I reloaded from before talking to the mayor's brother at the shoreline, and went on to play more of the game just fine.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out!
Dateianhänge
Savefiles.zip
(13.71 MiB) 68-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Your saves all work perfectly for me! That's a good thing because then they are not damaged and you can continue to play with them (of course I test without mods.).

Certainly your problems are caused by one or more of your mods (I don't know all of them!).

Generally, only Enderal Mods and no Skyrim Mods should be used (yes, I know there are compatible Skyrim Mods).

Your Amanda Follower Mod is definitely suspicious.
Acropolis has also caused problems in the past. The last update for this was in January. Since then there have been several Enderal patches.
Why do you use the Paper Map fix? This was actually only necessary if you installed pre FS content. So I'm not sure if the fix is ​​necessary for you at all.

First, uninstall the presumably critical mods mentioned.
Then have your game checked by Steam (link see above) and restart the game.

If that's enough, very good. If not, another mod may cause problems. You can try that out exactly as described.

A clean install may then initially be required without any mods (final solution!):

Uninstall Enderal and manually delete these remaining folders (save existing savegames beforehand, you can copy them back later):

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal
C:\user\...\AppData\Local\enderal
C:\user\...\Documents\my games\Enderal

Then restart Steam / the PC and reinstall Enderal.
FreshwaterMermaid
Bettler
Bettler

I can try deleting a few of the mods I use and see if any of them are the problem. I use the map fix because for some reason the map was strange when I first started and I was told that the map fix helps that, which it did. Maybe the map being bugged was due to one of these mods after all?
Either way, I'll definitely look into this when I next have the free time, and thank you very much for your advice and help :D
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Some very old mods still had the 3D map, so long before ForgottenStories, so they would destroy the 2D map.
To adapt such mods to the 2D map, there was the map mod.
At ForgotenStorys there were also some changes in this area, so even the map mod itself might not work correctly.
Various mods from the time before Enderal-FS are no longer compatible without current adjustments.
Kermit has already mentioned some other known problems.
This also applies to multiple SkyrimMods.

So try to play completely without mods, then make a copy of the clean installation and your current saved games,
before you experiment with any mods again.

Also keep in mind that mods can cause errors that could get stuck in the savegame and damage the game permanently.
Not every error is instantly visible.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1