Enderal is broken

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
deeydiddy
Bettler
Bettler

First of all, let me tell you how much I LOVE Enderal. It is the most well written game story I have ever played. That, along with the excellent tweaks you made to Skyrim has made this game a real joy to play. Sadly though, It isn't working anymore and I don't know how to fix it.

I am on my 2nd playthrough. I wanted to try the different endings with a different type of character. I got all the way up to entering the airship...and the game crashed. When I reloaded it, something was corrupted (a message said something about a "mesh"). I can load into the ship, but Callia now looks like a ghost...she has no skin or clothes...she's just a floaty, transparent blue form. I cannot interact with her, even though I am supposed to (It says "Talk to Callia or go to sleep). I can't interact with the bed either. All the NPC's are in this same ghost form, and many of the object have disappeared if I go outside. The ship disappears, but I'm standing on it.

I am not a programmer and have only very basic knowledge of computers. I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it (It's on Steam), but that didn't work. The corruption is still there. I don't know what to do. I really wanted to finish this game. Any advice?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

do you have any mods installed? if so, uninstall them (deactivating may leave traces behind).
do older saves still work?
regardless of mods, please let Steam verify your game files.

if that doesn't work, please attach two save files - the corrupted one and the one before that.
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal)
we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file; pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse),
and attach the archive to your reply (there's a button for that)
thank you :)
deeydiddy
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,
Thank you for answering me. All the old saves aren't working either. I will try taking the mods off to see if that works. Can I take them off and reinstall them? Also, I will have my husband help me with the saved files and copying them to you. I'm not sure how to do that, but he is a computer programmer. He should be able to help me with it. I"ll get back to you on that.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hi :)
14.10.2020 16:42deeydiddy hat geschrieben:
Can I take them off and reinstall them?
this depends on the mod.
it's generally not recommended to install/uninstall/reinstall mods during a run,
but those that don't directly influence gameplay and balancing (e.g. combat mods) should be save.

your issue reads defintely like something caused by a mod, for some reason.
an armor-replacer or something that changes Calia?
deeydiddy
Bettler
Bettler

Here is a zip of my last 2 saves. Danke schön.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hi :)

there doesn't seem to be an attachement, there are no saves.
deeydiddy
Bettler
Bettler

My husband said that he attached them as "zip files" to my post. I don't know what that means.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

below the field you use to enter the text is a second section to upload attachments.
(usually "options" is selected).
he used that, something didn't work for some reason.
i attached a tutorial below, you might try it with that - or you wait for your husband to try again :)

to 4) - I don't know where he saved the zip file (you can choose that yourself)
"This PC\Documents\My Games\Enderal" as a path is likely.
5) is what you should see before you press "submit"

hope that helps :)
Dateianhänge
voll.jpg
voll.jpg (410.04 KiB) 2022 mal betrachtet
deeydiddy
Bettler
Bettler

I'm sure this has to do with a mod. I'm not going to worry about it anymore at this point. I've just started a new game, and hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks for trying to help. I really don't know enough about computers to try to fix this.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1