Can't get enderal to work on my new laptop 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Joel_Fix
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, I recently got a new MSI gl63 9sek laptop to replace my old Asus book. So naturally since one of my favorite games of all time is the masterpiece that is Enderal, I decided to reinstall it to try it on a higher-end comp. However, I have been unable to get it to start correctly. When I press start, it starts like normal, except the background is that of Skyrim and it has Skyrim saves. The font and text, however, are all from Enderal. I tried to delete the Skyrimredirector.ini and let it reload, as well as validating the cache of both Enderal and Skyrim. I am running without mods as I always start games unmodded just to get settings and everything set up. I didn't have this problem on my old comp and was able to just install and play. I really enjoy this overhaul mod (Even though it's basically its own amazing game) and am quite saddened that I'm getting this error. Any help would be most appreciated. Danke Schön
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi!

please close the launcher, delete the two *.ini from (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal), and restart the launcher.
Enderal should work now.

if that doesn't work look for the EnderalPrefs_default.ini and the Enderal_default.ini in \Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal.
copy them into the mygames directory and delete the _default - part (so they overwrite the normal ones)

hope that helps :)
Joel_Fix
Bettler
Bettler

I just tried both of those and still no dice. Thanks for the help tho, I'm not a good guy with files and whatnot. xD
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hm, there might be a write protection on the mygames folder?
right click on the Documents\My Games\Enderal - folder, select "properties", remove the flag from "read-only", and apply the changes.
(it's normal that the flag reappers when opening that window again, doesn't necessarily mean anything)

after removing this write protection delete the two *.ini again and let Steam verify the gamefiles.
Joel_Fix
Bettler
Bettler

Yup that worked! Danke, du bist ein Lebensretter!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

nice, good to know it worked :thumbsup:
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1