Game crashes around Riverville 

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
despotes
Bettler
Bettler

I have travelled around a bit I came to Riverville. The game kept crashing as I moved towards it. So instead I circled around but the same thing kept happening. I see the game freezing and then just shutting down. I've tried it without any of the (Steam Workshop) mods but the issue remains. Same thing when dropping my graphic settings to Low. Please help, because I like this game (can't really call it a mod anymore) :).

Crash info:
2020_08_29_19-52-48 - AADEF6: V(1); EAX(AADEF0); EBX(73F); ECX(4DDDBBE0); EDX(114D988); ESI(26070BD0); EDI(26070BD0); EBP(0); ESP(22ECF678); STACK(C96ADC 401739 CB568C B291EC C6F981 C8C1AF AB29B0 AB0485 AFDFA8 786B68 AC6580 AC65A0 A50A5B A50D67 490B10 A51D47 C30702 A4AF0F);
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

A normal "crash info" is very general, so it does not help here. Savegames say more about it.

But it can help if you wait at least 3 days at another place:
leave the general area and look for an interior cell (some dungeon or house) you can sleep in.
then sleep for five days (three might already be enough, just to make sure). the crashy cell should reset.
(or you can just wander the wilds for some days, sleeping should be faster though ;) )

Saves Games are located in: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal\Saves , we need the -.skse- and the -.ess file.
Because -.skse cannot be uploaded directly, it is best to put both files in an archive ( e.g. zip/raw/7z ) and then attach them here below.
(please do not choose Auto- or Quicksave, but a manually saved)
despotes
Bettler
Bettler

Hi Stefanie,

It seems sleeping for 6 days didn't help. I've attached the savegame.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi!
30.08.2020 11:56despotes hat geschrieben:
I've attached the savegame.
unfortunately you did not :dumb:
despotes
Bettler
Bettler

Pretty sure I did but can't see it anymore. Let's try again.
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(963 KiB) 33-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

thanks, this time it worked :)

good news is that the save doesn't crash on my end, so it's probably really a mod to blame.
the "Riverville Arcane Enchanter" was created/updated last year and since then there were some performance improvements in that area,
possibly making it incompatible.
so that one's the likely culprit.

if unsubscribing via Steam doesn't do it you could try to use the "Steam Workshop" in the Enderal Launcher additionally.
after that let Steam verify your game files.

hope that helps :)
despotes
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks a lot for the quick responses. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do the trick either. I've removed all the mods (unsubscribing, through the launcher, deleting files) and removed all skyrim mods as well, just in case. I've validated the files and loaded an earlier save (the other one turned out to be too close to Riverville already) and even slept 6 days to be sure. I've dropped my settings to the lowest possible. But once I enter the region just through the Highwaymen camp (coming from the old ruins with the wild mage where I slept), the game slows for a second before closing altogether. Any other ideas?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Skyim works well for you and Enderal works well in other places? Then it does not seem to be the PC or any settings-

Because the Savegame worked for us, I assume that your installation is faulty. Probably it's file remnants from incompatible mods.
If you uninstall the mods, there might be some files left, especially if you have only deactivated them.

A possible solution is a clean new installation.
- For this you have to uninstall enderal first
- then delete the following 2 folders: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\enderal" and "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal"
- now delete the 2 -.ini files under C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal

Then restart Steam and reinstall Enderal without mods and have Fun (i hope :wink: ).

(your Skyrim-installation has nothing to do with this, they are completely separate things)
despotes
Bettler
Bettler

That did the trick :D
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1