Issue with Crystal Spectre "remains" being stuck out of reach

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Simple to recreate, though it may take a few attempts. Load the attached save game - you'll immediately see the problem as there are 2 "Ectoplasms" visible, one on the ground and the other in the air. On this occasion the one in the air is reachable, but I've had a number of occasions where (without resorting to tcl) they are not.

Continue Westwards and you'll come across an Ice Elemental (one-shot kill with the Bow). Continue on and you'll find 4 Crystal Spectres in a bunch - kill them all (with the Bow) and in all probability at least one will exhibit this odd behaviour. If not, re load and try again (a quicksave just after the Ice Elemental is useful).

Note:- No mods, vanilla installation.

Side issue - if a Bug Tracker entry is required then what category should it be in? None of them seem suitable...

Bild
Dateianhänge
Enderal_Savegame_196.zip
(2.64 MiB) 45-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi!

that's an engine bug (as far as I know), not much to be done about that :/
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

I've certainly had the remains land at odd angles so they can't be seen, disappear entirely into the surroundings (e.g. under the sand) and so on in Skyrim itself, but I really can't remember seeing them do that before.

Not to worry though - it's not the end of the world.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

do you happen to have a save before the latest patch (18.08.)?
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

I have saves coming out of my ears, but it may take a while to find a suitable one similar to the one I provided because I saved that one specifically for making a report.
I'll see what I can find, though if it helps any I'm confident it has been happening since I first started playing EnderalFS (13/07) so it's probably not related to that patch.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

28.08.2020 13:09Screwball hat geschrieben:
I have saves coming out of my ears,
finally someone :mrgreen:

it's probably really not related to the patch, so it's not that important.
thank you in any case though :thumbsup:
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

No problem. I couldn't find one which was in the same state (showing one up, one down (so to speak)). You'd have had to kill them yourself - which would defeat the object of posting an early save in the first place...

It's not really that important, just annoying when they go up so far you can't reach them.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1