May have HOSED my game... 

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hystorm
Bettler
Bettler

OK, so I posted recently about being stuck at the end of "Long way to the top".
I was given the link to the Walkthough, or something and marked it as accepted answer.
[it's now gone for some reason...don't you think others would have benefited from that post?]

Never-the-less, the only way I was able to get out was to back track and use TCL to get back up the pit and out...
Now, I can't use any teleport scrolls, recall (return) or even a sign post to travel!
It's as if I'm stuck in the mode where you can't do anything because there is an enemy near.

It's VERY possible I used TCL on the wooden door at the beginning of this quest.
I say possible as I was drinking that time and don't really remember it.
Also, as I mentioned in the deleted post, the Menhir guy didn't actually jump from the cliff, he just remained standing there, could not talk to him or interact, but he was still there when I went back the way I came...

Guess my question is: can one of my saved games be fixed?
I don't want to go back to a saved game as its literally days and days back and a ton of stuff I've already done to my character to improve, etc.

Thanks in advance.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi!

the old thread wasn't deleted, it still shows up for us :?:

could you please attach savegames, one before entering the ruin, one before talking to Menhir, and a current one.
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal), we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file;
pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive since the forum doesn't accept *.skse.

thank you :)
Hystorm
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks much for looking at this.

I did not have a save of before I went down the water drop area to Menhir.
But have a save before I entered and the save as I'm standing there with Menhir near.

As I said before, It's stuck in a mode where I attempt to use a sign post to travel, will be met with: You can't use that right now, or whatever it says.

Same with Teleport, etc, will not allow it.
As a side note to others, don't use 'Unlock' console commands on doors, only random chests, etc.
Otherwise, you can break the game.

Thanks in advance.
Dateianhänge
BeforeEntryToOldArch.rar
(1.44 MiB) 44-mal heruntergeladen
AtMenhirLocationAndStuck.rar
(1.61 MiB) 39-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

At the answer option that you want to arrest Menhir, the quest hangs up,
I would assume that your own bounty prevents you from arresting someone else.
Of course there is also a bug possible here.
But you can solve it by rescuing Mehir.
For this purpose I made some savegames for you, which guide you through possible bugs. Just in case you still have problems right after that.
Save 4 is directly after leaving the cave
Save 5 after the following conversation
Save 7 is after entering the counting house (and after paying your bounty)
Teleport or other quests are so possible again.

little Hint:
- You still have many earlier quests open, not all of them can be solved much later.
- You also have a lot of unused learning points etc., so your avatar will remain quite weak. You can place them with textbooks.
- Also, many of your books are lying around somewhere, better use them or give them to your dealer. In your own house, you can also use other crates for this.
Dateianhänge
Saves.7z
(2.72 MiB) 42-mal heruntergeladen
Hystorm
Bettler
Bettler

Awesome, Thank you very much!

I used #4.
I'm now back at Ark/Marketplace to speak to the guy at the Golden Sickle for a job but now...the front door is locked!
I tried going next door to my house to sleep until the next day and...it's still locked.
Is that normal?

I can go do other quests, just finished the Temple quest of taking the oaths.
As to why I had so many unused points, that's why I was hoping to get an older saved game fixed as I spent a bit of time right before I posted this leveling up all I had and could find.

Thanks again.

PS, forgot to ask: Is that why I could not fast travel, because I had a bounty?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Because of the locked door you got Save7 from me. There the problem is solved. The error might occur if the quest was disturbed before.
From save 7 on everything is ok again. ^

The teleport lock was the improper completion of the last quest, whereas the bounty may have been the reason that the quest could not be completed properly.
Hystorm
Bettler
Bettler

I went back to the #7.
Thanks again.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1