Game crashes with ,,skyrim stopped working"

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
xoner55
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,
I never had problems with Enderal.
Few days ago i wanted to play, so I went into launcher, started game and when i clicked continue -> yes game started loading i saw picture, and suddenly it crashed saying ,, skyrim stopped working". Surprisingly Skyrim was working fine, so it was just Enderal. The day before this happened, i was playing and everything was good. It s weird because there weren't any game updates, steap updates, or anything like that, that could stop the game from working properly.
Here is what i tried to do:
-Reinstal steam, then game
-checked all anti-virus firewall etc.
-deleting enderal.ini and enderalprefs.ini

PLS help ,i rly like the game and I'm looking forward to play it again
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Hello xoner55
The .ini files you deleted were under ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal?
Have you ever checked the Enderal installation with Steam?
Set the files ElderalLauncher.exe; TESV.exe and skse_loader.exe so that they are always started as admin.
A possible write protection on the Enderal folder (under Steam... and MyGames) can also be the cause.
These folders and files could also be blocked by Windows (e.g. Defender or Controlled File Access) or thirdPartyPrograms.

Have you installed any mods? If yes, please uninstall, if this is not cleanly possible, remaining residues may be the cause.
Then you have to uninstall enderal and delete the following 3 folders manually:
...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\enderal
C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal !Attention, here are your SavedGames too, please save the subfolder "\Saves" first!
Then restart Steam and reinstall Enderal.

I hope this helps you.
xoner55
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for fast reply!

I did all you said and it s still the same.
I never installed mods or anything like that and i also checked my computer for any programs that could be the cause but nothing.
If you know anything else that could help me then i d rly appreciate that, meanwhile I m not giving up, and still gonna be looking for an solution.

Have a nice day! :)
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

You didn't happen to install modmanager which you use to start? Always start via the launcher or better immediately via Steam.

Another thing I remember, on some systems there are problems with recreating the -.ini files.
Then it helps in general, delete the Enderal.ini and the EnderalPrefs.ini under: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal.
Then from the folder: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal copy the Enderal_default.ini and the EnderalPrefs_default.ini
to C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal and delete _default from the name.

You can also lower the settings in the launcher, or try to testing disable OneTweak; ENBoost and OSAllocators (also separately).
xoner55
Bettler
Bettler

OK, something changed. Today i can start new game but i can t load a game so I believe it has to be something with saves.
Has this ever happened? Do you possibly haev any idea what may cause that? I d like to say that one day it was working perfectly and the next day it started crashing.
I can add crashLog if that could help
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

In case of a crash it is rare that the settings are defective (the mentioned -.ini.files).
We have tried to create them again in different ways.
When you had deleted the directory: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal, did you hopefully also back up the "Saves" folder as described?
Now you have to insert it there again.
09.06.2020 22:56Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Then you have to uninstall enderal and delete the following 3 folders manually:
...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\enderal
C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal !Attention, here are your SavedGames too, please save the subfolder "\Saves" first!
Then restart Steam and reinstall Enderal.
Did you activate the Steam Cloud for Enderal? There could be a mistake in there too.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1