Windows 10 stability issues

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Chillian
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

In the middle of my previous playthrough, I finally got around to upgrading my machine to Windows 10. Up until then I'd been running Windows 7. The game is, unfortunately, rather less stable than before with at least one CTD per session. There seems to be no consistency to it that I can detect; it can happen at almost any time. Are there any stability fixes I might try?

It might be worth mentioning that this is a clean Windows install on a new SSD, and rather than re-download the game I copied the files from the steamapps folder on my old HDD to one under the new Steam installation, then just verified the files. But I don't see how that might have had this effect.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

If you only copy finished program/game installations between different operating systems, files or even registry entries may be missing in other folders.
This can of course lead to various errors.
So I would do a new installation of Enderal and Steam.

Otherwise go through the settings again, test it with ENBoost; OSAllocators; OneTweak on or off (also individually).
Deactivate additional tools if available (e.g. MSI-Afterburner).

Enderal will work on Win7 or 10, that's not the reason.
PS: but you certainly have a 64bit operating-system in both cases?
Chillian
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thank you!

The Steam installation is new. I'll try removing and re-downloading game files and see if that makes a difference. I also had a copy of Skyrim installed before, and while I know that's not strictly necessary I wonder if there's a .dll version associated with it that might also have helped. Copying the game files over was something I found online as a way of avoiding re-downloading a large game library, but I guess it's not 100% reliable?

I don't use any additional tools or mods, so I'll try fiddling with the ones that come with the game.

Yes, both OS are 64-bit.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1