'Ancient Nord Arrow' game freeze? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Intelligensaur
Bettler
Bettler

Bit of a weird one, but I've run into it enough times to notice a pattern:

Every once in a while, when I'm mindlessly looting after a battle, I find an Ancient Nord Arrow on the ground, and when I attempt to pick it up, the game freezes. It wasn't until the third or so time that it happened that I realized it was always happening on these arrows, and that they shouldn't have appeared anyway.

My current suspicion is that my apparition, the Aeterna Ambassador, is sometimes firing these. She's equipped with Old Rune Arrows (I was using Old Iron Arrows at the time), and after this particular battle there was an ORA and ANA stuck in the ground right next to each other.

The attached save is looking at the pair of arrows on the ground. The apparition and I were the only archers involved at the time.

It's not actually a problem as long as I'm not stupid enough to pick them up, but I thought it was interesting and worth sharing in case it happens to others.
Dateianhänge
Save 71 - Kitten Frostcliff Mountains 88.01.49.ess
Fort Rockwatch, looking at Ancient Nord Arrow
(5.98 MiB) 40-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the hint :)

A savegame consists of two files (the .ess and the.skse file).
So we also need the skse file.
Because the forum software does not accept this format, pack it as a zip / rar archive.

edit: did you ever have mods installed?
Intelligensaur
Bettler
Bettler

Sorry about that, I probably should have known better. I foolishly saved over that right after uploading it, but it didn't take long to get more Ancient Nord Arrows to appear once I summoned my apparition again.

It's unfortunately a little darker in this spot, but I saved the game with another magical, game-crashing arrow right in front of me. If I get the time to fool around I'll try to get a better example. And maybe experiment with different arrows/apparitions to see what range of conditions this occurs under.

And no, I haven't installed any mods yet, I was too busy enjoying the hell out of the vanilla experience. :thumbsup:
Dateianhänge
Save 80 - Kitten Destroyed Abbey Basement 93.44.04.zip
Ancient Nord Arrow
(2.7 MiB) 29-mal heruntergeladen
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Thanks, it will be fixed in the next patch, it won't be marked as lootable then.
It's not really an arrow what you're looking at, just a game object "pretending" to be an arrow. Therefore the game crashes because it's not an arrow that you could wield. It's created by the Ghost Blade affinity. When you sneak attack an enemy, your apparition goes in for a second (= bonus) attack. And since your apparition is equipped with a bow it creates a projectile that may or may not hit the enemy. You're trying to pick up that projectile after it was shot.

Just avoid picking it up until the next patch is released.
Intelligensaur
Bettler
Bettler

What a weird interaction, thanks for explaining that! I'm constantly amazed at the things you guys accomplished in Enderal, especially with Skyrim apparently throwing a tantrum behind it all.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1