Consistent CTD while aproaching ARK 

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DistantAway
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys, really enjoying the game so far. However I've hit a rock in my play-through. I cannot approach the harbor south of ark without my game crashing. This is a very consistent crash, and no matter what I've tried I cannot get it to work. I just downloaded the game a few days ago, and installed very few mods. I've tried changing optimization settings in the launcher, as well as turning all settings to low/off. Still crashes.
Dateianhänge
Save 256 - Kira Heartland 24.59.10.ess
(4.07 MiB) 41-mal heruntergeladen
Mods.JPG
Mods.JPG (94.79 KiB) 1055 mal betrachtet
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum :)

A savegame consists of two files (the .ess and the.skse file).
We also need the skse file.
Because the forum software does not accept this format, pack it as a zip / rar archive.

Also try to verify your Game by Steam.
DistantAway
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you for the response. Here is the rar, I have also tried verifying the game files to no avail.
Dateianhänge
Save 256 Kira.rar
(1.52 MiB) 41-mal heruntergeladen
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 21 Mal

Hi.

Do you have a savegame before that one? The current one crashes with CTD while loading the savegame.

Greetings KuroPurple
DistantAway
Bettler
Bettler

That's weird, I can load that save. Here's the earlier save, I'm in a cave not far from the ARK. I'm also giving you a save after, where I have entered the meditation zone. Leaving the meditation zone in this general area causes me a CTD.
Dateianhänge
Save 255,259 Kira.rar
(2.9 MiB) 48-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

This does not look good :(

We cannot load your saves (immediate crash) without your mods.

If you are lucky, change the area and wait / sleep three days.

Otherwise incompatible mods will be the cause. Possibly they corrupt your saves.

Enhanced Blood in any case (it changes scripts if not only the texture is loaded like in your case), possibly Enderal tools.
Fast travel and enable wait no heal are also critical but should not cause a crash.

Do you have a save before these mods have been activated?
If so, try that. Otherwise you would probably have to start a completely new game and also reinstall it.
DistantAway
Bettler
Bettler

Wow :( I don't have any saves from before I installed them. I thought those mods wouldn't break the game, that's really unfortunate. Then I guess my game is not salvageable? Is there anything I could have done other than not install the mods? They really made playing more convenient for me.

edit: will sleeping help negate the effects of a corrupted game file? Why did you suggest sleeping?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

We know the problems with some mods from other users here from the forum and from Steam or Reddit. We can of course not do any mod support. It's up to the modders.

If you are very lucky your save can repair itself after waiting.

But you should uninstall the mods mentioned (not just deactivate them). Especially enhanced blood (my favorite cause).
You can test for yourself whether a mod might cause problems. Save manually before activating and test .
DistantAway
Bettler
Bettler

It worked! It wasn't the enhanced blood textures, but I realized I had another mod from the workshop called Enderal NPC Overhaul. I uninstalled both that and Enderal Tools, waited 3 days in game, and now I'm able to walk around that area without CTD. Do you think it could have been the NPC Overhaul or the Enderal Tools mod? Just checking, but are you able to load this new save?
Dateianhänge
Save 274 Kira.rar
(1.45 MiB) 39-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Yes it starts with me :thumbsup:
You were really lucky!
Most of the time everything was broken (unfortunately .... :x )

Nevertheless deactivate enhanced blood (it should work if ONLY the texture is loaded without the esp file) ...

I can not tell you which mod exactly caused the problem in your case (NPC overhaul ist possible, maybe also enderal tools, some of it is experimental)).
Neither the workshop mods nor those on Nexus are tested by us. In principle, everyone can upload something :wink:
So if there are problems you have to talk to the modder.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1