Phantasmic problems... 

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Morghean
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I have two:

Crafting the Mage 5 amulet (Starling Navigator), didn't give any amulet... Looked into xEdit and it shown that the COBJ makes
_00E_Phasmalist_Trinket_Wildmage_Tier5_Fake "Talisman: Mage, Starling Navigator (V)" [ARMO:0202F2D5]
but it never lands in the inventory (and the pop-up message about the combat style never shown)...
while in game (by console) the other one that works (shows up in the inventory and prompts the combat style pop-up):
_00E_Phasmalist_Trinket_Wildmage_Tier5 "Talisman: Mage, Starling Navigator" [ARMO:0201E9BB]

I had the Nameless Soul for some time, equipped some more things on him so his armor would be complete. I've acquired Kilana Hammerblow (Bandit 4) later, made her amulet, summoned her to see what she wears AND she wore the things that the Nameless Soul wore. Exactly the same things (the only difference was the name and that the armor showed two mounds at the chest area...). Exactly the same thing, because I've added an enchanted ring to the Nameless Soul before and she had it too. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in xEdit... maybe it's in the script.
users.atw.hu/wattafuki/files/saves.zip
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

How old are these saves / when did you start your playthrough?
Morghean
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

11.05.2020 22:13stuemper hat geschrieben:
How old are these saves / when did you start your playthrough?
Steam BuildID: 4965059
Savegame age (if you download and look into the file): 98h 16m 43s
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

What I meant to ask was: When did you start the playthrough? With which patch did you start? Back when it was released or recently?

Because 1) was fixed a very long time ago but only for new saves. And 2) I never heard about it in the first place, because they simply don't share their inventory.

I haven't had time to look at the safe, do you use any additional mods that alternate the phasmalist class in any way?
Morghean
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

12.05.2020 19:12stuemper hat geschrieben:
What I meant to ask was: When did you start the playthrough? With which patch did you start? Back when it was released or recently?

Because 1) was fixed a very long time ago but only for new saves. And 2) I never heard about it in the first place, because they simply don't share their inventory.

I haven't had time to look at the safe, do you use any additional mods that alternate the phasmalist class in any way?
1)The BuildID hasn't changed since I installed the game (the past three weeks were zero updates with Steam). In plain, that means I've always played the latest that Steam has to offer. If you, however updated your game since, without letting know Steam about it, then it's not my fault (and your problem) that it didn't work for me. Or if it was solved a long time ago, then you (not practically you yourself, but you know, the whole bunch of you) did not update the Steam version, which was an overlook. And therefore, not my problem.
Since, for my play through I solved it in console AND with a custom esp through xEdit, this was just a heads-up notification. So either check that the fixed edition is the same as that Steam has to offer AND if the fix is really fixed the problem or not... you know, trial and error. Basic modding 101.
2)Now you do heard about it. That's how bugs are discovered. Welcome!

Following edits were made by personal modding to "Phasmalist" system:
-I have modified the Enchantment condition of the COBJ entries of the amulets (removing the condition), so they could be crafted without enchantment skills.
-I have added more items to the required materials for crafting in the COBJ entries, to have the limitation of crafting higher grade stuff balanced a different way, than making a skill condition.
-I have added perks to the NPC phantasms, so they could be more useful in the field (and for example, not trigger a trap that I'd usually jump over).
-I have edited the skill offset of the NPC phantasms, to (my opinion) better show what the deceased was used to before their tragic end.
-I have edited the phantasm's basic ability that every NPC gets, to better show, that they are ethereal (what kind of ghost gets sick from a disease anyway?!)
-I HAVE NOT edited any of the classes, inventories, names, AI data, Facegen and Tints, AI packages, scripts, genders, quests, dialogue entries, message boxes, or what-so-ever.

I hope, that answers your question(s).
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

i sure hope that this a language barrier at work.
12.05.2020 19:12stuemper hat geschrieben:

Because 1) was fixed a very long time ago but only for new saves. And 2) I never heard about it in the first place,
because they simply don't share their inventory.

1)The BuildID hasn't changed since I installed the game (the past three weeks were zero updates with Steam).
In plain, that means I've always played the latest that Steam has to offer.
yeah, the question "when did you start the playthrough" can have multiple meanings,
but we can just go with the most common one, which would be answered with something like "two days/half a year ago"?
(especially since stuemper asked both questions)
can we assume that you started your current playthrough three weeks ago?
If you, however updated your game since,
without letting know Steam about it, then it's not my fault (and your problem) that it didn't work for me. Or if it was solved a long time ago,
then you (not practically you yourself, but you know, the whole bunch of you) did not update the Steam version, which was an overlook.
And therefore, not my problem.
Since, for my play through I solved it in console AND with a custom esp through xEdit, this was just a heads-up notification.
So either check that the fixed edition is the same as that Steam has to offer AND if the fix is really fixed the problem or not... you know,
trial and error. Basic modding 101.
let's just.. ignore that bit.
2)Now you do heard about it. That's how bugs are discovered. Welcome!
[modding explanation]
yeah, no.
absoluteley not.
not one bit

technically "discovering bugs" ends as soon as the user introduces mods to their game.

you decided to mod the game.
not with exisiting mods but with your own edits. (which would be cool in itself).
whatever happened with your game is like 99% due to your edits or other mods, and if it isn't we can't trace it.

that's not how bugs are discovered, that's simply how everyone ends up frustrated.
Morghean
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

13.05.2020 13:06urst hat geschrieben:
1)The BuildID hasn't changed since I installed the game (the past three weeks were zero updates with Steam).
In plain, that means I've always played the latest that Steam has to offer.
[wasted bits on the internet]
can we assume that you started your current playthrough three weeks ago?
Bild
13.05.2020 13:06urst hat geschrieben:
technically "discovering bugs" ends as soon as the user introduces mods to their game.

you decided to mod the game.
not with exisiting mods but with your own edits. (which would be cool in itself).
whatever happened with your game is like 99% due to your edits or other mods, and if it isn't we can't trace it.

that's not how bugs are discovered, that's simply how everyone ends up frustrated.
My point is: I. Stated. That I didn't touched ANY of the entries that makes use of the character's inventory, class, ai, or what-so-ever that would bring about such bug. YET. The bug persists. EVEN. When I REMOVE ALL mods from the game (which the attached saves would show).

My understanding of the Skyrim engine, when removing a mod that had appearance, or perk, or skill off-set, or ability, or ai, or whatever edit to a NPC... If the mentioned NPC goes through the following console commands: recycleactor->kill->resurrect->disable->enable, it will reset the actor. Any edits that any previously switched off mod had it on will be removed and the said NPC will revert back to it's original form. (Information regarding the console command cycle, courtesy of the Bethesda Construction Kit wiki)

Now, since for these Phanstasm NPCs unsummon+summon command does the very same as the above mentioned console command cycle, it is very safe to presume, that the problem exists in vanilla conditions. But I can run through that console cycle for you if really want, but it will be a waste of time, I can assure you.

Furthermore: I have NOT listed my modlist, so why do YOU presume, I don't have existing mods?
I have Enderal Gameplay Overhaul:
-which changes the materials needed to craft the amulets
-adds perks to NPCs for purpose of usefulness in later game
-edits the basic ability of all phantasmic npcs

I have Phasmalist Overhaul:
-which also edits crafting material requirements [which I removed, so EGO's entries win]
-edits the skill offset of some of the phantasm NPCs. [yet strangely, the two effected NPCs are not edited in that regard]

For the "personal" modification, the only thing I did was to merge PO's skill offset edits into EGO with EnderalEdit (xEdit). Since Enderal runs on Skyrim LE not SE, limiting the .esp files can save up performance. Not that I have anywhere near 255 mods loaded per-say.. only 20 (without counting skyrim.esm, update.esm, enderal - forgotten stories.esm).

Now, for clarification:
Editing the COBJ entries (materials needed to craft the amulet, removing the conditions of enchantment skill) would only effect the amulets and workbench (and workbench interface), BUT since I stated, that I solved the problem for myself, which WAS the created object (which was an original entry), it's safe to assume, those edits can be overlooked for the two NPCs "sharing an inventory" problem. I've only mentioned that, IF someone shows up in this forum, who actually has the know-how about the scripts running on these NPCs. Maybe, those scrips include variations calling those edits.
Disregard if there aren't any!

Let me have a leap of faith, that no one bothered to look into my save files yet. So that we are still at forum-status. Am I right?
The actual thing can show a lot of things... You know... Seeing for yourself can save a lot of words.
Actually... I should refuse to provide any more information. Not because out of resentment, but because I can't think of any more information that could be useful. So, until someone comes around who knows the working of the system and reads this and/or maybe looks into the save game and has some insight of what I could check within my mods (you know, be constructive), I have nothing else to say.

@urst
This maybe a language barrier to you. But...
Can I talk with a modder on the team, instead of a moderator, who's probably knows very little of the actual working of the things "under the hood". My presumption, on moderators not very informed about the mechanics is... let's say... life experience (and your very own display).
Please don't take this personally, I just want someone who actually able to answer (or at least, be constructive about getting a result), instead of someone who just wastes my time and therefore generates frustration.
Thank you!

:Edit:
Forgot to add:
The problem of the two NPCs sharing inventory is still persist even though Steam had an update for the game.
And yes, even with reverting back to vanilla.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Ok, I'm ignoring all the toxicity of your previous posts, because it will get us nowhere.

Regarding issue 1 (Starling-Navigator):
I found time to look into the save. The Phasmalist Overhaul mod is the culprit for the issue. It edits an Alias of the _FS_Phasmalist_Controlquest and overwrites it with a wrong entry. This is still an issue with the mod since it received its last update in March 2019 and the actual fix came shortly after that, so it reverts it to an older version. That's why you never got the proper Starling Navigator Talisman added.
You can fix that in the .esp, but it won't fix the issue in your save right away because such a change only applies when you start a new playthrough because the quest is already running (don't restart it via console, it will cause bugs).

Btw, since you mentioned it, it's intended for the system to add a "fake" talisman first, which then gets swapped to the actual talisman which is a quest item, so you can't accidentally drop it. The Phasmalist overhaul also overwrites that, so with the mod enabled you can drop them. You can use the talimsan that you added via command, however, you might encounter some bugs.

Other than that, the Phasmalist Overhaul overwrites a bunch of other stuff and reverts it back to a version from early 2019. You should look into that and make sure to copy over some things from the Enderal - Forgotten Stories.esm:
  • _00E_FS_PhasmalistEnchantment on all Phasmalist actors needs to be copied over
  • The Phasmalist Overhaul adds back the dagger and Za'Rah's outfit to the Za'Rah apparition (Warrior Tier 4) which causes bugs.
  • In the Phasmalist Overhaul mod the _FS_Phasmalist_ControlQuest "empties" mutliple properties of its attached script, make sure they are filled appropriately on your end (copy over the properties from Enderal - FS.esm)
  • all Phasmalist Misc items in that .esp are missing at least one property (_00E_FS_Phasmalist_TierTooLowMSG)
Maybe the mod author should adjust the mod at some point.

Regarding issue 2 (inventory sharing of two apparitions):
That was actually an issue with Enderal itself and I fixed it for the next patch.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1