Disable blur effects 

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
donspyd
Bettler
Bettler

Is there anyway to disable the blur effects? In particular low health throbbing. These effects give me a terrible headache and I have had to quit playing the game, but I want to keep playing!

At the least could you tell me the formid of the script so I can mod it out?

Thank you
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

I think you can't change the radial blur effect that easily, sorry :(
that said, there is a Skyrim mod that does exactly that, it needs the addons though and isn't compatible.
if you want to take a look at it.

you could change the quality-settings in the launcher (whicht might already help?)

an edit of the EnderalPrefs.ini hat probably no effect, it didn't have one in Skyrim, and I didn't notice any difference now.
[+] for completeness sake
it's located in Documents\My Games\Enderal, open it and look under [imagespace] for the line bDoDepthOfField=1
change it to bDoDepthOfField=
maybe that's somehwat helpful, even it really isn't what you were looking for
donspyd
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you for your reply

I removed the references to dawnguard from that skyrim mod, but still doesnt seem to remove the effect in enderal.

As there is no setting, I think my only option therefore is to create a similar mod for Enderal, but no luck yet as I cant find the offending scripts.
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 21 Mal

Hi.

The ini-settings unfortunately only removes the distance blur (and might not necessarily improve the situation for people with motion sickness issues - at least for me it made it worse).
All other blur needs to be "removed" manually (mod)

I assume with Skyrim mod you mean this one: No more Radial Blur - Performance optimization by Gorgulla
Aside from the obvious issue (dawnguard / dragonborn requirement) this mod unfortunately only covers the blurs from Skyrim itself. I just checked it in xedit and it seems Enderal comes with additional effects of its own, which add blur too. This might explain why the mod might not work in the specific situation if it's one of the new effects.

Creating a new mod for Enderal in this regard might be the better choice instead of trying to "patch" the Skyrim one.

Do you volunteer for testing later?

Greetings KuroPurple
donspyd
Bettler
Bettler

I can certainly do that, and would be happy to help in that way. I tried to make the mod myself, but its too much for me to understand, outside brute forcing off every single radial blur in reference lol
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi.

First: No guarantees and in some situations it possibly could look weird with the mod. I just did a short test for "low health".

What this does and doesn't do:
It removes all blur, double vision and radial blur from imagespace modifiers. That should make it acceptable for you to play the game without permanent headaches. In addition you might follow the suggestion from urst (bDoDepthOfField=0 in the EnderalPrefs.ini under [imagespace]). That doesn't work on effects but "general blur on further away objects" to some extend.
It does not remove the associated colors for the effect so that you can still see "something is happening" (except for low health which you have to keep an eye on by yourself).
If the colors become annoying or still result in headaches for you, they can be removed (same for remaining hdr-settings for those effects). I just didn't want to remove all of it right away unless it's necessary.
"brute force": I wasn't very gentle. :wink: But removing references has a high chance to cause new trouble.

Installation: Into your Data-folder and enable it in the launcher. The esp hopefully should be "safe to remove" (as far as it's possible with Skyrim :roll: ) in case of trouble.

Greetings KuroPurple

Edit: Not working file removed.
Zuletzt geändert von KuroPurple am 26.04.2020 16:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
donspyd
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks a lot.

I will load it up today and see how it goes. I dont wanna risk more headaches though so I will limit myself and step up how long I can play (well thats the plan, but its a fun game.... could forget to do that lol). Will let you know the results!
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

26.04.2020 03:38donspyd hat geschrieben:
Thanks a lot.

I will load it up today and see how it goes. I dont wanna risk more headaches though so I will limit myself and step up how long I can play (well thats the plan, but its a fun game.... could forget to do that lol). Will let you know the results!
Hi.

You will not forget to limit yourself, because your head might still remember you every now and then that it's time to take a break. :wink: But the game is worth every headache. :D

Fair warning: There might still be locations / situations where you might going to have trouble and adjustments might be required. I could think of whisperwoods and cloudy days for example. But no need to use the "huge hammer" unless it's necessary.
I'm not quite sure about it, but other options that might help: enable / disable anti alias / fxaa or changing blur quality to low.

Greetings KuroPurple

Edit: You get a new file later today. I made a dumb mistake. :thumbsdown:

Edit02: New file and some warning:
This is not intended for people who just don't like blur. It's for people who can't play the game otherwise due to headaches etc.
It changes the imagespace modifiers of the effects with blur / double vision / radial blur attached (hopefully none escaped) to make the majority of them "invisible" (a small amount still has colors attached but that wasn't an option for the majority). This will result in some odd situation as for example visions will now look weird without the blur (they will still function from a technical point of view).
@donspyd: Try and see if it improves the situation for you or if further steps might be necessary.

Edit03: For people not needing an emergency or radical solution: Further down there's another solution which only removes radical blur and a few of the effects.
Dateianhänge
KuPu_Enderal_NoBlur.esp
(477.52 KiB) 180-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von KuroPurple am 27.04.2020 16:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
donspyd
Bettler
Bettler

Hey I played an hour yesterday, then about 2 hours today and I can report no headaches. Thank you for your work!

I had a crash when I touched Yeros table, but after reloading it ran swimmingly, so probably not mod related. There have been zero crashes since then, but I havnt triggered any cutscenes yet.

Thank you heaps! (I havnt used the version 2 yet, will replace that now)
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

27.04.2020 06:24donspyd hat geschrieben:
Hey I played an hour yesterday, then about 2 hours today and I can report no headaches. Thank you for your work!

I had a crash when I touched Yeros table, but after reloading it ran swimmingly, so probably not mod related. There have been zero crashes since then, but I havnt triggered any cutscenes yet.

Thank you heaps! (I havnt used the version 2 yet, will replace that now)
Hi.

Don't overdo it. :wink:
Honestly: 5 minutes break for your head every hour. (I know it's hard with this game. :lol: )
If the first version works for you, you might just need the radial blur removed and maybe some specific effects like low health. (probably get hit and poison too)
The file from my last post might be too much in your case because it's more of a huge hammer instead of a precise tool. :wink:
In regards to the visions: When you have that vision after meeting Finn and Carbos (very early in game at the camp), the impression of the vision itself comes from the effect (blur, double vision) and if that's removed it results in "guy standing there with huge lightningball". Which is why I'm a bit reluctant to remove it from the visions
Hence why the the file from the last post is more of an "emergency solution".

In case you don't need a radical solution:
KuPu_Enderal_NoRadialBlur.esp removes radial blur (basically the same as the Skyrim file but also covers effects from Enderal; this does not remove blur in general)
I can't check if this makes a difference or not as it for me basically looks the same.

KuPu_Enderal_RemoveSpecificEffects.esp "removes" the following effects (makes them invisible):
_00E_ArkanistenfieberIMOD
GetHit
LowHealthImod
PoisonDeath
PoisonEndImod
PoisonHitImod
Those are the ones which came right into my mind in regards to "annoying".
Some of the powers might have to be made "invisible", but I don't know them offhand. If you encounter an "annoying / causing headaches" power, feel free to tell.
Visions weren't changed in this one. You would have to check if it's somehow "bearable" or not.

You'll have to see if this is "enough" or more is required.
If using both the loadorder is:
KuPu_Enderal_NoRadialBlur.esp
KuPu_Enderal_RemoveSpecificEffects.esp

Greetings KuroPurple
Dateianhänge
KuPu_Enderal_RemoveSpecificEffects.esp
(9.95 KiB) 147-mal heruntergeladen
KuPu_Enderal_NoRadialBlur.esp
(269.26 KiB) 184-mal heruntergeladen
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2