Install Enderal on Linux 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
mkborregaard
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi,
I'd like to run Enderal, I run Ubuntu 19.10. I tried to buy skyrim (classic) on Steam, as it appears that Enderal can run on Linux via Proton, but Skyrim (the non-remastered edition) seems no longer to be on sale there. Is it possible to install this game on Linux? I don't mind buying a new copy of Skyrim from wherever to play this - heard a lot of good things about it.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

Skyrim is still available via Steam, it's just not appearing when you're looking for it :/
here you go

unfortunately we can give you no technical support on Linux since none of us uses it, and Enderal wasn't tested with it,
but there are instructions floating around on how to get it to work.
(which doesn't mean we don't want to help you with quests or something, just that we can't help you with Linux specific issues)

hope that helps :)
mkborregaard
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you - I did find the skyrim link before, but for some reason I couldn't buy it - but that was successful now! I'll follow the instructions in the reddit post and post my experiences here for future users.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hopefully just a bug with steam, not being able to buy Skyrim anymore would be bad :(

hope you get it to work!
mkborregaard
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks a lot!

Not much to add - I used the skyrim link and the instructions provided, and had it working with very little trouble. I followed the instructions reddit thread through to this tutorial, which provides full instructions: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1856837711 , which really helped. All the little instructions seemed necessary still (26 Feb 2020).

I'd suggest adding the Skyrim link to the Steam installation instructions sticky at the top of this forum, to help anyone wanting to install this game from steam.

The only minus is that it disables my Skyrim installation, but then maybe I've spent enough hours with that game anyway... Enderal so far looks amazing!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

nice, good to know.
have fun playing :thumbsup:

(i added the link to the sticky, thank you :) )
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1