Distant objects not showing deatail until I'm close up

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
dlroworld
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm having a problem with objects only showing basic detail until I'm a bit closer than I'd rather be to the object before full detail loads. I want to know what to do to fix this problem. Are there any file tweaks I could preform?

I also wanted to install DynDOLOD from Nexus Mods but I don't know how to do this "manual download" stuff and none of the instructions I could find made any sense at all.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

you wrote that you were in the final quest. did you always have this issue, did you change something
(start a new run, install mods, change the ini / graphic options / hardware, or anything),
or did it just suddenly start to appear?
dlroworld
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi. No new mods or ini changes. I started a new game. One other thing I did was add a larger monitor on to my PC. I'm not sure how that would make any difference but it might. It seems like the object load distance has been getting closer and closer the longer I've kept playing the game. I've been playing the game about three months now, but I don't recall the load distance being as close when I started as it is now. The Ore Terminal in the Sun Coast, for instance: Now, when I first enter the cave there are some sections of rock cliff at the very back of the cave that don't load/appear, thus allowing what looks like blue sky to show through, until I move to about where the trip wire is that activates the cross-bow thingy. Then the remaining sections of cliff suddenly appear to make the back of the cave look like a complete rock wall.

Regarding your question about my other thread, I'm going to answer it in that thread.

Thank you so much for your response!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

a new monitor usually shouldn't effect the LOD.. does it use some extra software you installed?
even that shouldn't be the cause, but maybe it reset your graphic settings for some reason?
(did you adjust the screen resolution?)

delete the two *.ini from (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal) and let Steam verify your game files, that should help :)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1