Enderal Is Not Using NVIDIA graphics or Dedicated Graphics Memory 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I am running Enderal on a laptop with a dedicated GPU and Graphics memory (2GB dedicated I believe, and another 4GB shared). However, Enderal seems to be using only the Intel HD Graphics memory and shared graphics memory, and is not using my dedicated GPU and dedicated graphics memory. As a result, the game is very graphics lagged, with very low frame rates. Attached is a picture showing the Intel Graphics GPU at 98% usage, with 0 usage of the NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. Is there a way to correct this?
Dateianhänge
GPU Usage Enderal.JPG
GPU Usage Enderal.JPG (197.94 KiB) 2134 mal betrachtet
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

The Intel HD Graphis 620 is a Processor graphics card without own integrated Ram and only uses a part of your system Ram (4GB).
The (faster!) Geforce 940M has 2 GB of its own graphics memory (and therefore does not need your system Ram).

I assume you basically want to use the faster GPU in all applications.
No application can use two different GPU´s at the same time. So you have to choose one.
For this, the Intel HD Graphis 620 should be deactivated in the bios settings of your laptop and the Geforce 940M activated.

This should also improve the overall performance of your laptop because system Ram is no longer used for the graphics (at least a bit).

Enderal may need to be reinstalled afterwards.

I hope that solves the problem.
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I disabled the Intel GPU in device manager, and it was removed from task manager. But when I started Enderal it still didn't use the NVIDIA graphics card. As far as I can tell it tried to use the CPU and system RAM for all graphics. When Enderal first started up, the load-up screen listed a Microsoft graphics adapter as the graphics device, instead of the NVIDIA device. Any idea what might be going on? I'm occasionally getting some hits to the NVIDIA GPU when surfing the web or some other desktop applications, but none of my steam games use the GPU, even when the Intel graphics is disabled.
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Thanks for the help, managed to fix this one. Had to re-enable the Intel HD graphics; the laptop uses both video cards at the same time oddly enough. Updated drivers for NVidia card, then went to NVidia control panel, and selected high performance nvidia processor as the default globally, as well as for steam, skyrim launcher and all instances of skyrim that showed up in my applications. After doing that, when I launched Enderal it finally recognized the dedicated graphics gpu as the graphics adapter on the startup screen, and uses the dedicated graphics gpu in-game. Thanks for all the help!
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Fine :thumbsup:
And learned something again 8)
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1