Enderal Fails to Launch - Render (screen resolution) Error 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I get the error saying that Enderal "Failed to Initialize Renderer" and recommends changing the resolution under Skyrim's launcher. However, it doesn't suggest what to change the resolution to (i.e. what settings are acceptable for Enderal). Current resolution is 1920x1080. This works for Skyrim as long as its not in windowed mode. I tried changing the resolution to a few different other settings (e.g., 1280x764), but no luck so far. I also tried turning off all of the special settings, including: ENBoost, OneTweak and OSAllocators, and I tried having it with all of these special settings turned on as well. Tried with Exclusive Fullscreen, Borderless Fullscreen and Windowed mode. All give the same error. Any ideas on how to solve this?
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

As a followup I tried setting the native screen resolution, skyrim's resolution and enderal's resolution all to the same value. The one that seemed to match all 3 platforms was 1280x720. However even with screen set to this value, skyrim set to this value and enderal set to this value, I got the same failed to initialize renderer error. :?:
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Do you have a 16:9 monitor and does your Windows also run under 1920x1080? What is the maximum resolution of your monitor?
1920x1080 is the best resolution for Enderal or Skyrim, so if you have the same resolution it should work.

Please delete the Enderal.ini and the EnderalPrefs.ini (under C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Enderal),
they will be cleanly recreated the next time you start the Enderal Launcher.

I recommend the "Frameless window mode", but "Full Screen" should work as well.
Some systems have problems with ENBoost, OneTweak or OSAllocators. have you ever disabled them individually?
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

My screen is 1920 x 1080. I currently have display resolution set to 1920 x 1080, and the Skyrim resolution also set to 1920 x 1080. However, Enderal does not have the option for 1920 x 1080; the highest resolution under 16:9 is 1536 x 864 I think. I do turn off each of the ENBoost, OneTweak and OSAllocators settings. I deleted the two .ini files that you mentioned in your post above. But got the same error. Should I be seeing different resolution options in the Enderal settings? I don't see a 1920 x 1080 option. Finally, the screen options are: Exclusive Fullscree; Borderless Fullscreen and Windowed. I've selected all 3 in trying to start, but the error is always the same.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

- Skyrim works fine?
- Have you ever tried to enter the resolution manually in the Enderal-Launcher? "1920x 1080" would be the correct entry here.
Otherwise please upload your "Launcher.log" here, you can find it under: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal\EnderalLauncher\system\log

- Did you have Steam check the Enderal installation?
- did you install any mods? if so, please deactivate or better uninstall them.
- Do you use a notebook with special drivers or do you have a 2nd screen (e.g. TV)?
- You don't have anything special like a 16K screen (maximum resolution: 15360x8640)

What else I find on this topic.
MC333
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Validating the files using Steam seems to have solved the problem. It found 5 files that were problematic, and upon replacing them the program launched.Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1