MQ17 (dialog-bug?) 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Lorenal666
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello, I'm a french player and I finish my first run last night with the Brave New World choice. This morning I reload before the Black Guardian speech : a first time with only the "Next" options, he tell me that I can interrupt the Cleansing and diying in the process, a second time I use all the "More" options and again he tell me about the sacrificial option. I tell him that I choose to die and give a chance to the others kingdoms, fight him and kill him.

But when Jespar (romanced) ask me what I planned to do, even if I use the 2 "More" options, and nearly die because I tell to the BG I choose the sacrifice, I've only the Brave New World option in the dialogue.

I search all the morning and see 2 mentions of that bug and no solutions soooo, someone have any clues of what to do ? Or my version of the game is against suicidal action ?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

to be honest, I'm not absolutely sure if there are conditions in which you don't have both options to speak about with your partner.
even if that's less than ideal, you should be able to tell Jespar that you plan to flee and destroy the beacon anyway though :)

could you please attach a savegame, either from before speaking to BG or the autosave that's created (or both)?
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal), we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).
thank you :)
Lorenal666
Bettler
Bettler

Well, 3 saves for 1 : before the BG speech, after the cinematic and after the fight.
Dateianhänge
Enderal Save 69.rar
And this one just before the "Talk" with Jespar
(2.17 MiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
Enderal Save 67.rar
This one after the cinematic
(2.11 MiB) 62-mal heruntergeladen
Enderal Save 66.rar
Okay, this one is before the BG speech
(2.14 MiB) 62-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

thank you :)

your save works fine on our end, and then I changed the language from german to french -
does the dialogue selection have a arrow at the bottom?
if so, use the keyboard to skip further down, the last option isn't visible.

(sorry if that's not the issue and you already tried that, don't know how often that happens,
as far as I'm aware, there are no dialogues in german that look like this)

if that doesn't help please let Steam verify your game files
Lorenal666
Bettler
Bettler

That's worked I got the Catharsis ending ! The option is not "invisible" but I can only skip down with the keyboard like you said. I don't know why, I've never had THIS bug with Bugtesda but I've finally my true ending.

Thank you for your (quick) help ^^
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

fine, that it works now
the french translation team is also informed
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1