Crash to desktop when Opening Map

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi

When I open the game map, it draws (paper map) and then the game crashes to desktop within a second.
Stand alone version of Enderal. No add-ons enabled.

Stuff I've checked:
.ini file has the mandatory lines.
I tried turning setting down to very low and disabling all optimizations. But my RTX270 (latest drivers) should be able to cope with any ressource demands. Windows 10 (up to date) has 16GB RAM.
installed and add-on that should fix map issues from Nexus, Disabled it when it did not work.
Verified the game files with steam.
And I've googled so similar issues but couldn't find a suggestion that resolved my issue.

Any suggestions? Playing the game without a map is kinda impossible :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

did the crashes occur since the beginning or is this a recent thing?
did you try in different locations? or inside/outside?

here is a possible solution (link to source)
10.09.2018 11:15Satoshi2150 hat geschrieben:
Had the same problem. I changed in Skyrim.ini -> enderal.ini
[ScreenSplatter]
bBloodSplatterEnabled=0 to 1 and this helped.
do you use any graphic card or similar tool? (something like geForce experience, something for dual monitor support, anything)
could you please attach a savegame (no auto- or quicksave)? they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal)
we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file; pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive, (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).

thank you :)
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I am new to the game - I only installed it a few weeks ago. So the maps has never worked.

... well, actually when I open maps during the new game opening sequence, the game did not crash. Nut no maps was shown either - just some blue colored screen. iirc. I assumed that was because no map existed for the dream sequence.

There was no ScreenSplatter info in my .ini, so I added the two lines to the end of my .ini file
[ScreenSplatter]
bBloodSplatterEnabled=1 (or 0, for that matter)

Also crashes.
tested inside and outside Old Tree River Camp. all tests resulted in crash.

Any clues?
Thank in advance :)
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Save files and .ini
Dateianhänge
Enderal.ini
(2.34 KiB) 61-mal heruntergeladen
Save.zip
(865.41 KiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

thank you :)

did you try with
bBloodSplatterEnabled=1
?

changing that line in your ini around (several times, back and forth) stopped the crashing.
(if you tried that there's obviously something else triggering the crashes. we're trying to think of something)
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yes, I tried with both 1 and 0.

With 1 the game draws map and then CTD within i second.
With 0 the screen just and crashes after a second or so, with no map drawn.

I ave tried between switch between 0 and 1 some times (restarting game each time, loading and crashing on map open ) but to no effect.

Some extra: The same happened on my old GTX970 in 1920x1200 mode. Before I installed the RTX2070 I was using a few months old Nvidea driver. So it is probably not card or driver related... I'm running 1440p with my new card...

Edit:
I opened the event log there are faults from TESV.EXE exception 0xC0000005 mofule: d3d9.dll at offset 0x0002039e
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

1440p resolution, you probably mean 1440x810(16:9), right?
Skyrim (and Enderal) is actually designed for 1920x1200(FullHD), but should handle similar 16:9 resolutions.
Your graphics card should also support 1920x1200.
What kind of monitor do you have, 16:9 or another aspect ratio?

The map does not work in the initial sequence, it would only be blue. The game should not crash when you open it.

What might help us is your EnderalPrefs.ini or the Launcher.log

If you mention the d3d9.dll in the error description, it is only active if you have activated "ENBoost" in the Settings / Optimization,
try it without.
Or do you have external graphics tools like MSI-Afterburner running? These may not work with "ENBoost" or "OneTweak".
Please deactivate such background programs.

Otherwise possibly DirectX is be damaged, install DirectX10 again (also on newer systems, e.g. Win10),
you can find it e.g. in the Enderal installation folder or here.
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

By 1440p I mean 2560x1440 (16:9) - a new monitor coddected with Displayport. But my old card and monitor (DVI connected) also had the problem.

> What might help us is your EnderalPrefs.ini or the Launcher.log

Attached.

> If you mention the d3d9.dll in the error description, it is only active if you have activated "ENBoost" in the Settings / Optimization,

I did try to disble it, and uninstall Afterburner - no no effect. EventViewer strange till mentions d3d9.dll.

> Otherwise possibly DirectX is be damaged, install DirectX10 again (also on newer systems, e.g. Win10),

I ran DXSetup from the from the Enderal installation folder. Sadly to no effect.
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(273.16 KiB) 44-mal heruntergeladen
EnderalPrefs.ini
(3.25 KiB) 43-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

At 1920x1080 the error should not occur, you have already tried the steap repair, you don't have any mods, enb's or other graphics tools.
Problems caused by Windows or Antivirus rights management usually look different, mhmm.
So I could only suggest to delete the Enderal.ini and EnderalPrefs.ini under ...\Documents\MyGames\Enderal.
This might reset some wrong settings, they will be recreated cleanly the next time the Launcher is started.
Then select to the test 1920x1080, medium setting, your hardware under Settings/Optimization and try again.
You may also try to select the options Window-mode or Fulscreen.

But if you have problems with 2560x1440, there are known, because Skyrim is only meant for FullHD.
Hopefully Flawless Widescreen should help you, see also here. But this tool is not from us, so we can't support it.
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi

Partial success - running in 1920x1080 windowed in medium settings made the map appear and the game did not crash.:)

But playing in windowed mode breaks the immersion somewhat when the window only fills 66% of the screen.

I'll play around in the the coming week to see what wriggle room I have - and also try to get it running in fullscreen and twiddling with flawless widescreen.

I'll report back if I discover something ground-braking - until then, thank you four time and effort. The level of support you guys offer is way above what most commercial games titles offer :)
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2