Infinite loading after new game 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi. and Happy New Year :)

I just downloaded Enderal (standalone version) and when I in game menu select "New" game, the Skyrim logo and animated clouds, clods and and cursor is show, while Skyrim tune is playing. I've waited for 25 minutes just to see it it is just slow. Task manager show no disk activity during this.

PC: Win10 (latest patch), 16GB RAM, 970GTX with recent drivers (november, I think), and running off an SSD.

Plain game - no addons. Skyrim is not install (and I've renamed old skyrim folders in "My Games" folder, just to be safe). By the way trying to launch TESV.EXE from the Enderim folder makes steam ask if I want to install it. I assume that is a feature and not a bug.

What I have tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling. Repairing.
Deleting .ini files in game folder and repairing
Disbling Antivirus (Widows standard)
whitelisting for the 3 .exe files in firewall, antivirus, and folder protection.
Setting all .exe files to run as admin.
Running in both fullscreen and windowed
trying a ton of optimization variations (from all to non selected) and a bunch of memory and RAM allocations under optimizations.
probably other stuff to :)

So do you have any Ideas? The only log I have is the launcher.log - and that looks fine. Attached just in case.

Thanks in advance
Henrik
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(63.15 KiB) 27-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

you were already pretty thorough, we still have some suggestion that hopefully work:

- check if there's a write protection on the mygames folder (if so, deactivate it)
-- after that, delete the inis (when the launcher is closed) and restart the launcher (via steam)
-- there are also two ini in the \steamapps\common\Enderal folder, "enderal_default.ini" and "enderalprfes_default.ini"
you could try to overwrite the ones in the mygames folder with those

- you mentioned whitelisting the *.exe's, does that include the Win10 file system access?
- what happens if you launch the skse_loader.exe directly (from the gamefolder)?
- can you try to reinstall Skyrim "to see what happens"?
- you could also reinstall Enderal to a different path (other that the windows standard)
belboz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

07.01.2020 20:30urst hat geschrieben:
-- after that, delete the inis (when the launcher is closed) and restart the launcher (via steam)
Hi, and thanks. It is fixed! But (also fixed).

Slightly longer answer so others may benefit:
OK . Did that and now I got the Enderal menu instead of Skyrim menu (and not skyrim menu, as before). And game launched loaded starting area. (When I first reinstalled I deleted the Enderal folder in mygames as well to no avail, but never mind.

However there were no textures beside the sky. (game looked like this: https://imgur.com/a/I2BqD )

Disabling AA in launcher fixed that (I could keep FXAA).

So thank you again for the help. :D
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

nice, good to know it works now :thumbsup:

do you have an ENB installed, or remains of one?
that would explain the other bug. (you solved it anyway, and with the "official solution", just wanted to provide context)

have fun playing :)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1