Something Momentous Part 2 - Grey Screen

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
hamletsdead
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

First, hats off to all of you who created Enderal. I'm amazed at how great this is, and spent a whole afternoon playing the game without a single CTD or problem at all (other than my character being a softgut who anyone could kill).

Fourteen hours in, I only had one frozen screen where I had to reload the game, but now I've hit a stumbling block. I'm trying to finish Part of Something Momentous, Part II (MQ05), and just get a grey screen after the quest is over (i.e, in the cell after I punch my idiot cellmate Aixon) instead of being teleported to the beds. I've reloaded the game to a prior save and repeated that entire portion of the quest after drinking the potion a few times today (5 times) -- both with and without mods -- and I get the same result every time. I even went back to a save where I met my companions on the bridge before going into the Whispering Woods, and when I got to the end of my trial the same thing happened -- grey screen with background noises.

I have tried every trick listed in every post I could find on the topic:

(1) player.moveto d22e2; player.moveto d22e3; and player.moveto d22e8 all get me a black screen for a second and then it goes back to grey;

(2) same thing happens with player.moveto f9aa3 -- black screen then back to grey;

(3) trying to get Jespar to appear with prid 2b253, moveto player, then disable enable does nothing at all. He shows up according to my console, but nothing happens;

(4) All of the player.moveto console commands listed above work THE SECOND BEFORE I end the quest. So if I'm in the cell with Aixon and use the console before hitting him, I end up in the appropriate rooms, but neither Calia or Jespar is there, and I'm stuck in the room with the beds, and the door won't open;

(5) If I teleport via console command to the same locked room (e.g., d22e2), I'm stuck in the room -- the door won't open, and I can't use a scroll to teleport out. I can advance the game by opening up the console and typing setstage mq07a 85 -- which puts me in the old man's house, but then I miss all of the sixth main quest, and Jespar isn't with me in the house.

If any of you have a fix or workaround for the issue I'd really appreciate it. I've attached the save game files as attachments if you wouldn't mind taking a look.
Dateianhänge
Save 48 - SKSE.zip
(3.81 KiB) 31-mal heruntergeladen
Save 48 - Cieran du Morne Strange Place 10.16.05.ess
Save just prior to entering cell with Aixon
(2.92 MiB) 33-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

looks the same to me with this save :/
(just more white than grey, not sure if this makes a difference. is teh screen dark on your end?)
do you have an ealier one?
at least from before punching Aixon, possibly before entering the "unknown place" - scene? (before the altar)
thank you :)

PS:
Which mods did you use before? Please make us a list for this.^^
hamletsdead
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for jumping on this so fast. I'm attaching a zip of the ess and skse saves from before I drank the potion. Only mod on this list that is not working is iHud (the compass disappears but no MCM and can't toggle it on/off).

Plugin list is as follows:

Enderal - Forgotten Stories.esm
KUFramework.esm
ClimatesofTamriel.esm
Sexlab.esm
Enderal Extended.esm
RaceMenu.esp
EHQM.esp
Enderal COTV Integration.esp
EnderalPlayerUpperhouse.esp
ArmorReplacer.esp
ArmorOfIntrigue.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
BillyroReplacerEnderal.esp
Rhoda.esp
Voam.esp
Erlosung.esp
Morgynn Sword.esp
Fenrir Blades.esp
Galebrand.esp
Epoch Weapon Pack.esp
Marauder Mace.esp
Viceroy.esp
Second Month of Internet Deprivation.esp
The Serenity.esp
Donia Greatsword.esp
Scottish Claymore.esp
Fiore.esp
Niofroeia.esp
Alacrity.esp
A Month of Internet Depravity Weapon Pack.esp
Cataract.esp
Galanterie.esp
Solaze.esp
Fetchers Knife.esp
Leaf Dagger.esp
Stalward Axe.esp
Warriors Legacy.esp
Loners_sword.esp
PowderMagePack.esp
Conjure Black Myrad.esp
COR EFS longer buffs.esp
COR EFS longer bound weapons.esp
EAT_D2.5.esp
EAT_S100.esp
iHud.esp
Enderal Fast Travel EV.esp
EnderalFS-Regeneration Fixes.esp
Savage Wolves - Fox Fix.esp
Brows.esp
Beards.esp
towConversation.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
SOS Racemenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
GoToBed.esp
GoToBed-Enderal Patch.esp
Sleep Tight.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
Follow Me for Sex.esp
Engarde.esp
MCTPatch.esp
FNIS Sexy Move.esp
FNIS.esp
AddItemMenuLE.esp
UIExtensions.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
XPMSE.esp
Dateianhänge
Save 44 - Cieran du Morne Whisperwoods 10.05.27.zip
(1.52 MiB) 34-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

the bug still occurs on our end (with your saves).
a dev can look into your save, but not before next week.

there's a pretty good chance that your mods are responsible here. even when they're deactivated or uninstalled
they can leave traces in your save.
(not saying this because i "know", just because some of them seem pretty script heavy ;) )

(just wanting to let you know that this might take a while but we're on it)
hamletsdead
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks a lot, you guys are really on top of things -- very impressive!!! I'll try a vanilla power-run to see if the problem persists on my end. I figured it was a mod, but since the game worked flawlessly (literally 1 stalled scene) up to that point I thought my mods were working fine.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

or it might be a bug because of Dunwar - did you notice something odd about him before?
do you happen to have an even earlier save, from when you meet up with the guys maybe?)
(sorry, didn't know about that earlier :dead: )
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

update:
it's indeed a bug with the game which will be fixed with the next patch.
(so thank you for reporting!)

sadly it's not possible to just fix it with commands ingame, that means you have to either wait for the next patch or replay.
hamletsdead
Bettler
Bettler

Just to give you some more information on the bugfix, two things:

First, before the bug, I did notice some weird behavior by Dunwar -- he suddenly appeared and followed me when I was in the cell, and even using "resetai" "disable" "enable" and "recycleactor" on him didn't work. He just kept showing back up like he was a Sofia-like follower who would go anywhere. I assume that wasn't supposed to happen since he was supposed to be doing his own trial.

Second, on my new playthrough, I reached the same point of the story (with all my mods still activated) and it didn't bug out at all. Woke up in the room, talked to Jespar, storyline continues perfectly. The only thing I changed in my setup was some of the enblocal.ini settings and some of the enderalpref.ini settings to allow even more performance-hungry textures and animations in the game (e.g., added HDT physics to all the women, added Remodeled Armor with physics). I'm running on a 1080Ti, so my machine can handle it. I did add Cell Stabilizer and Load Game CTD Fix too, as the additional FNIS animations were causing a CTD on game start.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1