Strange behaviour with 1.5.8.0 and house-mods

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
aufisch
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Since the newest update I have trouble with my house mods:

1) I wasn't able to load my old save-games with some of my house mods ("House at the Marketplace - Redone" and "Melrode Monastery" specifically) loaded. I was able to start a new game though with both those houses loaded.

2) A third house-mod ("Golden Mare Mill") has now a non-working loading door since the update even though it was working without a hitch in earlier versions (I think I missed 1.5.6 and 1.5.7, but it worked until then).

I really don't unterstand, as they are house mods. When I had the crash while trying to load my old save-game, I literarly unloaded every single other mod first, before I was even thinking of a house mod. What (and why??) has changed so dramatically that a simple house-mod would cause a save game to crash with no change to either mod-list or load-order made in a previously flawlessly working game-setup?? :?:

Edit: Just found out that I can't interact with most people either. Although the quest with Sillias (the little boy) initiated and I was able to talk to him. I can't talk/interact with anyone else though, not even with the merchants.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

I can't say anything about your mods, because I don't know them.

It can occur unfortunately with each Mod, that it comes after updates to the incompatibility.
Logically, we don't check them all exist Mod´s and bugfixing is essential.

If so, then the mod manufacturer has to take care of this problem (if anyone does at all), contact him.
Unfortunately we can't provide support for mods not created by us.
In the worst case, old mods also undo the bug fixing, which is not always immediately apparent.
(or generate errors in interaction with other mods)
Therefore we do not recommend mods.

You can try to deactivate the mod (better uninstall them) and then repair the game with steam. Test it again afterwards.
In some cases the MOD error writes itself in the Savegame, then unfortunately I can do nothing. (mostly due to changed a original-script)
aufisch
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Thanks for your reply Stefanie.

I think my point was; I have been playing Skyrim (Oldrim) for years with more than hundred mods loaded, and while any Skyrim-update would cause many mods based on Script-Extender to break (until they were updated), never ever did it happen that benign mods (like house mods) would break completely, or that old save-games couldn't be loaded anymore.
While authors of script-extender-based mods are (most of the time) fully aware that their mods get broken with every update, that is unfortunately not the case with the mod-authors for house mods, and many of them can not be reached anymore.

I noticed that during the update to 1.5.8.0 "update.esm" was updated as well. Are you guys changing code in the base game (Skyrim) itself?
And would you happen to know the exact load order for Skyrim.esm; update.esm, and Forgottenstories.esm? The last update placed update.esm after the Forgotten Stories.esm. I tried it both ways by moving it up again before Forgotten Stories.esm, and by leaving it where it was originally placed but I am confused as to where it should be placed (I would have thought before Forgotten Stories.esm as Forgotten Stories would build on the base game not the other way round)

I wish I could somehow downgrade my copy (and then doing the hard part, which is preventing Steam from updating it again), to a version that worked with my setup. (really missing the old days where we were able to download the installer and a hard copy)

Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing with this mod, and that you are trying to remove the bugs. It is just that I personally feel that the last (few?) updates have introduced more problems instead of removing them (based on my personal experience).

I will try your suggestion and I am going to try a comple new install tonight.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Hello aufish
Unfortunately, we can't consider individual mod users and leave the most people with bugs.

Pure house mods, which only move boxes, textures or furniture, will not be broken by updates so quickly, mods with lots of scripts or changes to quests more likely.
So I guess your mods will be a bit more extensive than pure house mods.

The fact that mod makers don't take care of their works later on is unfortunately also known at Skyrim.
(which is annoying after updates of the game or after changes of a basic mod)

Loading sequences are actually determined by our technical manager. You shouldn't change the ESM files on your own.
(and yes, we also change the update.esm)

You can choose older versions at your own risk, in Steam: under Enderal - Properties - Betas, there are currently still versions 1.5.6.0 and 1.5.7.0.
However, this is not a long-term solution, as they will be replaced at some point.
It will not be possible to switch off the update completely, because otherwise already fixed bugs will be reported, which we will not be able to take care of anymore.
What you want is now only available with pure offline games and not with Steam.
So this Beta-option only makes sense if you have an outdated mod and want to empty containers or something like that.

There may not have been many updates lately, but the last one contains more changes, which meant more effort.
If you have the impression that the last update caused more problems (for you), I'm sorry,
but you will also benefit from the fixed bugs when you reach these places.

PS:
Your mod "Melrode Monastery" on nexus is apparently in the works, there the problems are probably known already
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

little note:
The current and correct load order is
  • 1. Skyrim.esm
  • 2. Enderal - Forgotten Stories. esm
  • 3. Update.esm
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1