Deus Ex Machina, DeleteDeadHallys()

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
notbilly
Bettler
Bettler

I've notice some lines filling up my Papyrus log, related to the Deus Ex Machina quest:

Error: Cannot call Disable() on a None object, aborting function callstack:
[MQ07bAftermath (0013E8A3)]._00E_MQ07bAftermath_Function.DeleteDeadHallys() - "_00E_MQ07bAftermath_Function.psc" Line 164
[MQ07bAftermath (0013E8A3)]._00E_MQ07bAftermath_Function.OnUpdateGameTime() - "_00E_MQ07bAftermath_Function.psc" Line 103

These messages recur every few minutes. Seems like the _00E_MQ07bAftermath_Function script keeps running, even though it's already run before. The script tries to disable some references that have already been disabled, hence the errors.

Is there anyway to get the script to stop running? I finished that quest a long time ago (turned in Hallys to the Tribunal, if I remember correctly -- I don't remember it very clearly). I may have messed up the quest somehow, although I don't remember anything going wrong or getting interrupted.

But I'd really like to put that script to rest, as it still seems to be looping pretty frequently. Thanks for any help!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

this loop shouldn't affect your game, but could you please attach a savegame anyway?
they're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal) - we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file;
pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive, (the forum doesn't accept *.skse)
thank you :)
notbilly
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks, urst -- I appreciate you being willing to take a look -- I've attached the save.

And I'm sure you're right -- it's no biggie and doing no harm to my game. My game runs fine, and the only reason I ever noticed this was from the recurring messages in the Papyrus log. It's just my obsessive-compulsive side!

I've got LOTS of mods in there (ENB, textures, DynDOLOD, animations, HDT, SL, etc.), and I've generally been able to keep them working together with Enderal (I think?). The overhead and potential complications from this one little script is nothing compared to all the other crap I've piled in. But still, knowing it's hanging around has been a minor thorn in the side for me, and my efforts to fix it have all been ineffective.

I think I finished that quest about 300 savegames ago. Given that it's not causing any apparent trouble, it's not really worth any great effort to fix. But all the same, if you know a simple way kill it (without breaking something and causing true trouble), I'd be grateful.

And I'm grateful to this community for supporting us as we play what may be the greatest mod of any game of all time!
Dateianhänge
Save 624 - Carnoustie Ark Marketplace 183.35.45.7z
(2.19 MiB) 29-mal heruntergeladen
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Thanks for pointing it out. However, it's nothing that harms your save or playthrough in any way, you can just continue playing. It will be fixed in the next patch.
notbilly
Bettler
Bettler

Cool, and thanks! Gives me a warm feeling to be a part of it! Good to know that it's harmless, so thanks for taking a look.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1