Various problems with Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
clairobscur
Gauner
Gauner

Not sure it really should go in the support forum, but even less so in the other, except the "mod" one, but it's not just about the mod.

So, I wanted to install the cabin mod. Whether I installed it with Nexus mod manager or manually, the cabin didn't appear. Probably because I don't really know where to install the files. I read somewhere that I should use instead the more recent Mod Organizer 2. So, I installed that. But it told me that the mod was "unmanaged". I don't know why. I read elsewhere that I should install the Steam version of Enderal. But I wanted to keep my numerous savegames. Unfortunately, I can't find them. Besides I read on Steam that there were no French version available, while my current installation has French subtitles.

So, my question are the following :

-Where should mod files be installed to work in Enderal?
-What causes Mod Organizer 2 to be unable to manage the cabin mod for Enderal?
-Where are my saves?
-Can I still have the French version of Enderal with the Steam download, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance....
clairobscur
Gauner
Gauner

OK, I guess this answer one of my questions :

Do not load saves created in the "old" non-Steam Enderal installation into the Steam version of Enderal. This will result in inevitable bugs. No support will be given in this case.

It means that I'm not going to download the Steam version and will keep using the old one.

But then where are the files for the old version?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

(I'm not sure about downloading the old version, we'll come back to that later)

for now
- your saves are stored in ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves
- no idea about MO2, but Vortex (the new Manager of Nexusmods) has a profile made for Enderal.
don't know how it works with the older version though.
- you can change the language of Enderal on Steam the same way as any other game - as described here
sadly, french isn't one of them yet :(
- Right click on a game from the Steam game library and choose Properties.
- Go to the Language tab
- Select the language you wish to use from the drop-down menu
- Click OK
- If the game supports the language you have selected, files for that language may need to be downloaded before you can play.
how far are you in the game?
restarting may really pay off, even if it's in a different language.
not just because of the new content, but of the better performance and heaps of fixed bugs :)

EDIT
is the mod you're trying to use compatible with your Enderal version?
(the french files should be in your Skyrim game directory, if that still exists)

- there is a french translation, just not on steam yet (it may be unfinished)
- old installation/Launcher files still update
clairobscur
Gauner
Gauner

I'm immediately after I'm captured by people who think the high ones will make mankind accede to a higher level of existence.

And since I'm a completionist, and hardly can left any stone unturned in an area I'm in, I did a bazillion of secondary quests, dungeons, etc...Accumulating a huge number of hours of play. I know myself : if I start again, I'll feel compelled to explore everything and every dungeon again, and after accumulating 100+ hours of play without even reaching the point where I'm now, I'll eventually get fed up with it and leave the game for a couple years . Then I'll start it again, accumulate a lot of hours of play, abandon it again, etc...That's how I hardly ever finish any computer RPG (for instance, I started all the Elder Scroll games from Arena to Skyrim many times, and never finished any of those games. I absolutely love The witcher 3, but I never covered more than I think about 1/3 of the game).

In fact I did start a new game, because I haven't played in a long while and thought I needed to relearn the game, and as expected I couldn't help but completing everything in the starting area (Riverville). But that was just a training session :no way I'll start afresh. I want to know the end of the story, and I'll never do if I start the game again.

So I'm not going to download the Steam version since I can't reuse my old saves. And yes, I know there's a French translation since I'm playing with it on the old version (it's pretty good, by the way. I can compare it with a fan-made French translation of another game I just played, and it's night and day).
I figured out how to make the mod cabin appear, in fact. I just needed to allow it by checking a box in the launcher.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

I see - understandable stand you dont't want to restart :/
(FS has awesome new quests though ;))

so, uh.
do you need the installation files?
sorry if I misunderstood you :(
[+] if so
ModDB has the french installation file, but not the launcher.
maybe ask about an old one in the french forum? (other languages would cause issues)
clairobscur
Gauner
Gauner

I already have the game installed. I wanted to find the files on my computer to try again to install the cabin mod, but since it's now installed, I don't need them anymore. Thanks.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1