Save-specific broken meshes? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Draganies
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi again! I noticed I have a tree in my game that is broken (not sure if it's the mesh or the texture) but it is specific to this save. I didn't remember it being that way earlier in my playthrough so I started a new game just to test it and it's only broken in my current game. Unfortunately, I have no idea how long it's been that way. I've never had something like this happen, is there a way to fix that or am I just gonna have to live with it for now?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

how exactly does the defect manifest itself? (Description + Screenshoot?)
Which tree is affected? (open the console with [^] and then click on the tree, then note the ID on the left)

please attach the affected savegame (no auto- or quicksave), you found it in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves)
we'll need the -.ess and the -.skse file, pack both to a zip/rar/... -archive, (the forum doesn't accept -.skse)

Do you have any mods installed, if so, which ones?
Deactivate or better uninstall them, we can't support mods, only the creator can do that.

Please let Steam verify your game files, then test it again.
Draganies
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Re: Stefanie

I uninstalled all mods, verified my game files and made another new (completely vanilla) game. I discovered something new. I took a screenshot of the tree having the issue and, after quitting the game I looked at it and didn't like it. So I went back into the game to take a new one and discovered the tree which had the problem previously was fine but a different tree with the same baseID had the problem instead.

The trunk and limbs of the tree are deformed (the trunk looks like it's being turned inside out and the limbs are bent at sharp angles), the texture is stretched. The ID of the first tree was: 00036e12 The second tree: 00036e05. Their baseID: 0014f9a6

Here is the vanilla save game:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Px9-O ... DV3y4A8vSI

I saved standing directly in front of the first tree. To find the second, turn left a bit, it's very nearby.

Bild

I apologize if either of those links don't work. I have never done this before. I know, it's sad.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

This mesh is often there, why only some trees look faulty, I can't answer conclusively, Mesh or maybe engine problem?
I'm not a 3D designer and can't fix the problem. This probably affects the rest of the active team as well.
Besides, it's not that serious, even if it's unaesthetic.
Draganies
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Bummer. Oh well. You're right, it's not serious. Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out for me anyway! You're the best!!
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1