CTD during "A Song in the Silence" quest. 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Taggerung559
Bettler
Bettler

I have Enderal: Forgotten Stories downloaded via steam with no modifications beyond what steam automatically installs as a part of it, am running through my first playthrough, and have come across a persistent CTD during the "A Song in the Silence" quest.

Specifically, I am near the end of it (I assume) in the "cave under the waterfall" location where he shows you a painting, I progress through the following dialogue, he transforms into a monstrous entity, I kill said entity, the world starts deteriorating, and then the game crashes to desktop. This has happened about 4 times in a row now. I have verified the game cache, I have loaded a save a bit further back, and each time I get the same result.

Attached should be some save files, with 44 being in the powder desert before I arrived in silvergrove, 45 being in silvergrove (I believe I was searching for moths at that point), and 46 being made in the middle of the final conversation with Rynéus.
Taggerung559
Bettler
Bettler

Bizarre. For some reason the save files aren't uploading at all. I will have to look into seeing if I can fix that.
Taggerung559
Bettler
Bettler

It would seem uploading the saves just took substantially longer than I had expected them to, and I hit submit before they finished. They should be properly attached to this one.
Dateianhänge
Save 44.7z
In powder desert, before entering silvergrove
(1.51 MiB) 23-mal heruntergeladen
Save 45.7z
Chasing moths in Silvergrove
(1.53 MiB) 20-mal heruntergeladen
Save 46.7z
During conversation with Rynéus
(1.39 MiB) 20-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

your last save worked fine for me -
there was a bug in the patch that might have caused this, could you try again today, please :) ?
Taggerung559
Bettler
Bettler

Huh. Loaded up save 46 and it progressed properly this time. Thanks for looking into it for me.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1