Enderal Stopped Launching Recently 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Catalinaeva1
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Hello,

My game (Enderal) has recently started crashing all of a sudden (no problem running Skyrim). I've disabled all of my mods (in both Enderal launcher and Skyrim Nexus). Then, I rebooted the PC. The game launched a black console window and then crashed. I uninstalled Enderal and then re-installed it again; this is a recent issue that I'm having -- prior to this, I was able to run the game just fine along with Skyrim Nexus mods and Enderal mods. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

With a little luck it is enough to delete the game settings, this are 2 -.ini files below:
  • ...Documents\My games\Enderal (Enderal.ini and EnderalPrefs.ini)
the launcher will create new ones at the next start.

or check your game files with Steam.

If you're already reinstalling, did you install mods again? I would leave them out. (Mod´s are not supported by us)

if that doesn't help:
Did you delete the old folders before the reinstallation? That would be:
  • ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal (game installation folder)
  • %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\Enderal (settings and savegames, save them beforehand if necessary)
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Enderal (Mod Settings)
This could contain defective files and Remnants of Mods from the old installation, and possibly the error as well.
A clean new installation would be to uninstall, then delete the called folders and then reinstall.
Catalinaeva1
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you so much! My problem is now solved! :)
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Nice!
What was the problem and what possible solution helped?
That would be nice to know for us :)
Catalinaeva1
Bettler
Bettler

The problem was that Enderal wouldn't launch for me. When I clicked the start button in the launcher, nothing happened. It did this in the beginning when I first got the mod, but all I had to do at the time was reboot the computer. Later on, I installed 2 mods for Enderal -- Marcus follower (from Skyrim Nexus) and Fast Travel (from Steam Workshop). Those mods worked fine and continue to do so now that I've re-installed them; I think the problem came from corrupt data files in the Enderal folders on my C: drive. Once I deleted those folders and re-started my PC, I re-installed Enderal. The game launched again; I decided to add those 2 mods back (Marcus and Fast Travel), and those work as well. So, I think it all boiled down to corrupt data files on the paths that were previously mentioned. :D
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1