Constant CTD in Ark Gatehouse

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Spoonofmadness
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

*Minor Spoilers*

During the quest Black Light Part II, there is a point where you have to enter the Ark gatehouse to reach the gate mechanism.

Every time I walk down the corridor with the first 2 Nehrimese infiltrators you encounter my game crashes to desktop with "Skyrim has stopped working..."

I've tried disabling my ENB, verifying the game cache, loading back an earlier save and nothing... it always consistently crashes in that area. No idea why this could be happening... I've played through the entire non-steam version of the game twice without any similar issues...

Win 7
RX480 8GB
i5 2500K 3.3 ghz
8GB RAM

I've attached my save before entering the gatehouse. Any help would be much appreciated!
Dateianhänge
Enderal CTD Saves.zip
(2.68 MiB) 52-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

good news first -
the save works on our end.

we suspect that your crash aligns with the vision you should have at that point.
do you happen to have earlier saves in which you could check that?
(e.g. right at the beginning with the Apothecarii or with Calia at the bells?)

did you have any mods installed and uninstalled them later?
(maybe there are some scripts left)

for now
- delete everything in connection to your ENB (maybe back it up first)
(especially enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini)
- veryfiy you gamefiles
(- maybe activate enboost in the Enderal launcher)
- try to play the section again

- maybe disable or enable OneTweak, depending on your preferences, and try with that

hope that already helps :)
Spoonofmadness
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

So to update, I loaded back an earlier save in Castle Dal'Galar and sure enough, my game crashed right as a vision was meant to happen in one of the lab rooms full of corpses. (Never had this issue before, even with the non-steam release)

I have no other mods installed apart from quickloot, although I doubt it's that.

So, I'm guessing one of the updates has somehow broken my game... I've tried with enboost, verifying the files etc, I've no idea what could be causing it on my end...
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

My first suspicion was maybe there are still remains of your ENB available.
The Steam repair does not check files that are not part of the original game. That means foreign files of mods or an ENB are not corrected.
I do not know which ENB you installed (officially we do not support ENB / Reshade or mods).
Maybe one that was compatible with the original version and has not yet been adapted to Enderal FS?
Did you delete all files from it?

2 possible approaches:

- Delete the two files enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in the Enderal FS main directory.
- After that let the game check again by Steam.
- Restart Enderal only after that. Steam replaces the missing files with the originals.

2. If that does not work, uninstall Enderal completely (manually delete any remaining folders) and reinstall it.
But be sure to save your saves. They should continue to work. You can copy it back afterwards.
Spoonofmadness
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, I already tried deleting all the ENB files. It's the rudy ENB if that makes any difference, mod author actively updates the mod and acknowledges FS when he does and I somehow doubt that's the issue anyway...

Anyway I manages to make it past the vision part by sheer luck and the game continued to keep crashing throughout the gatehouse in random places. So basically my 'solution' was to keep quicksaving and relaunching the game after each crash until I was out of that area. Game is now completely stable as it was up to this point.

Again I've never had these instability issues up to this point, even with the ENB installed the whole time.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

that doesn't sound like a solid solution :/
not sure what else to suggest though, except for reinstalling the game :(
Spoonofmadness
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well it definitely is strange, but at the same time I haven't had a crash since, even with another vision section that occurred during another quest I did after.

And it is a one-off area with no other purpose to visit aside from that one instance. My game is completely stable again now, so it really is just that one area that causes problems for me for whatever reason... No idea what it could be, but as long as I don't run into any similar issues down the line I guess I can't complain too much...
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1