Intense framerate variations (Dark Keeper)

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Ismalin
Bettler
Bettler

In the attached save game (playtime approximately 50h) significant framerate variations occur, especially in first persion or when having the camera close to the player character when in 3rd person. This issue was not observed during the initial hours of the playthrough. Despite lowering the graphics settings to near minimum the problem persists.

The negative effect on gameplay, especially combat, can be observed by entering the building in front of the player character and just running around the enemies inside.

The issue seems to have occured in the past (see https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=13147 and https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/commen ... ooming_in/) and was suspected to be linked to the Entropic Craze ability of the Dark Keeper affinity. This ability is always listed as an active effect with 15s duration in the magic menu, which strikes me as odd. However, the framerate variations did not start immidiately after aquiring the ability, but seem to have gotten worse since Devour Soul has been used more often.

No other mods were used.

System specifications:
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.0GHz
8.0 GB RAM
Nvidia GForce GTX 750 Ti
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(2.24 MiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Greetings and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we have been aware of this sometimes happening, but thanks to your ideas, we now know the cause and thus in time it should be fixable. I can, however, make no promises as to when.

The bad news is, the continued use of that skill is probably going to, slowly, destroy your save completely, until changing to 3rd person will cause an immediate CTD. As of now, there is no solution - the only thing you can do is either load an earlier save where the issue is not yet that bad, or start a new game. In either case, you'd have to avoid using that skill in order to not trigger this problem again.
Ismalin
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear the issue might be resolved in the future. Will just have to avoid eating any more dead people for now.

In case it might help, I think the issue got less noticeable when I switched from borderless fullscreen to exclusive fullscreen mode and reduced the resolution to 1280 x 720. Will have to play some more to see if that isn't just my imagination though.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Well, if it were resolution related, I think we'd have solved it by now. We have a 3 saves from another person, we just never connected the dots, where they went from no issues, to your problems, to ctd on 3rd person - and you could see it in their saves, the older, the better it was...
Ismalin
Bettler
Bettler

Would have been surprised if it had been just a resolution issue. But at least I can keep using this savegame for now, since it's actually playable again with these settings.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1