Steam UI crashes at Enderal start screen 

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
fizzix
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

First off, thanks for making and distributing Enderal. I'm really looking forward to playing it! I'm running into a launch problem that I'm hoping can be fixed.

I recently installed Enderal, but can't get past the launch screen.

I installed fresh through steam and when I launch it the Enderal launcher appears. When I click "Start Enderal" it will bring up the Enderal start screen, but the steam ui crashes and the start screen won't take any inputs. When I alt-tab to the launcher then back to the Enderal, windows pops up saying it's not responding. I have to force close Enderal and start up steam ui again to try again. I tried the OSallocator once, but still haven't been able to start the game yet.

I verified my install via steam. I looked at the logs and don't see anything odd. I also looked through the support board and didn't see this problem.

My system has two monitors and an older cpu, but should be sufficient to run Enderal so I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I'm including the logs per the support page and hoping there's a few things to try.

BTW, weekends are my typical gaming days so I probably won't be able to respond until next weekend in case you need to prioritize this support request.

Thanks,
Steve
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(15.95 KiB) 31-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

(that's a new one to me too, so i can only take some guesses)

- do you have any graphic card tools (like MSI Afterburner) or something of that sort installed?
they interfere with the preinstalled ENBoost (so deaktivate either that or the apps)

there's also a list you should check about general crashes, maybe one of that is a hit
[+] +
- Make sure that no additional mods are installed or activated.
- Make sure your anti-virus-program, windows defender or firewall are not blocking the Enderal Launcher.exe, tes5.exe and skse_loader.exe. Furthermore make sure they all run with admin permissions.
- Try restarting Steam and/or your PC.
- Change settings in the Enderal Launcher, make sure the CPU and RAM usage are maxed out in the optimization tab.
- Try redownloading the game.
- or you could try to reinstall Steam :/
you don't necessarily have to reinstall all your games, just delete everything except steam.exe and the steamapps folder.
double-click on steam.exe will redownload everyting else.

hope that helps :?:
fizzix
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi again. A couple days ago I tried the uninstall/reinstall Enderal. Lo and behold, all is right with the world.

Not sure what the original issue was, but uninstall/reinstall and now working flawlessly so far. :thumbsup:

Been trying to squeeze in some time to enjoy the world you've created and loving it.

Thanks for the help!
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1