Using TES5EDIT without Steam Skyrim installed?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I have just removed my Steam installation of Skyrim since I didn't need it cluttering up the disk and despite TES5EDIT working perfectly with Enderal up to that point, now it refuses to load with the Fatal: Cannot find INI" message. Steam Enderal is installed of course.

I have added the "-I:PathToEnderal.ini" parameter to my TES5EDIT shortcut but still cannot get TES5EDIT to let me in. Any clues as to what I need to do next? Is it the space in the My Games folder?
Code: Alles auswählen
TES5Edit 4.0.1 (40732B8C) starting session 2019-03-03 17:21:13
Using Skyrim Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal\Data\
Using Backup Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal\Data\TES5Edit Backups\
Using Scripts Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal\Edit Scripts\
Using Cache Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal\Data\TES5Edit Cache\
Using ini: c:\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Enderal.ini
Fatal: Could not find ini
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

I have installed Skyrim and use tesvedit for Skyrim and enderal without any problems.
Therefore I only copied the TES5Edit.exe and the corresponding -.txt files into the Enderal game directory, nothing adapted or changed.
Depending on which one I choose now, whether \Enderal\TES5Edit.exe or \Skyrim\TES5Edit.exe, this version will be used.

Maybe tesvedit also needs the original Skyrim-Ini´s to work at all, but I don't know that.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I copied the Enderal.ini and EnderalPrefs.ini into the My Games\Skyrim folder, renamed them to their Skyrim names and TES5EDIT worked. Thanks.

I do notice that Enderal is making files in the My Games\Skyrim folder. It is creating Papyrus logs, SKSE logs and the RendererInfo.txt file which is untidy.

I must remember to report it in the tracker.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

03.03.2019 20:19DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
I do notice that Enderal is making files in the My Games\Skyrim folder. It is creating Papyrus logs, SKSE logs and the RendererInfo.txt file which is untidy.

I must remember to report it in the tracker.
no need to, that's a known issue.
they're working on a workaround :)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1