Brief audio dropout during conversations when moving?

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I wonder if any of you are experiencing brief audio dropouts during spoken conversations, particularly if either the camera or player are moving?

The situation is that small parts of a conversation will be lost and there will be a tiny silence of one or two syllables. The overall length of audio will be correct but a little bit will be lost.

The symptoms are as follows...

1. Music always plays fine at all times without any dropouts no matter how the player moves or spins the camera.

2. If the speaking NPC is moving past the standing player or if the player moves past the standing NPC or if the camera is spun round, the audio MAY experience one or more brief dropouts.

3. The effect is that the full conversation seems to play but a little will be lost, like "Walk bl_____. May your Path be even." or even "Walk bless____ your Path be even." It isn't always in the same place.

4. If both you and the speaker are stationery and the camera is not moving the audio almost always plays perfectly.

5. If both you and the speaker are stationery but the camera is being rotated in third person round and round a dropout MAY happen. The speaker correctly pans across the stereo channels.

6. It did NOT do it on the Skyrim version of old Enderal.

As I said, it is only spoken dialog. It is most noticeable if you are following a speaking NPC who is walking ahead of you. This does rather ruin some of the more dramatic speeches that Teolor or one of the Companions makes while you are trailing behind them. I can also get it to happen at the long speech of elevation to Keeper where you are kneeling next to Calia if I spin the camera round and round at a "medium" zoom distance.

Any clues as to how I can diagnose this? It is a real pain but I have not spotted anyone else reporting it yet which makes me think it is just my setup since it is very noticeable.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I don't think it is your system, as I have experienced it also. For me, it seems to happen more often when there is a programmed scenario of NPCs talking to each other and I am not a participant in the conversation, like when I have a vision of ghosts or past events such as during Esme's quest; I happened to be in back of the statue when I clicked on it, and the vision appeared some distance in front of the statue, so I was too far to hear it clearly and some of the conversation was completely missing, perhaps because one speaker was even farther away.

If I recall correctly, I also experienced that problem in the Sun Temple conference room (during my old pre-FS playthroughs which are now dust), where I was frozen in one spot during a dialog but the various speakers (Tealor etc) moved around.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I am pleased I may not be alone here. I was wondering what I had done wrong.

I don't know if crossing a distance threshold does it or if it is a left-side-to-right-side transition or what. I don't know what scripts are associated with the dialog.

It is not 100% but occurs in about every other sentence. I can force it to happen by deliberately moving the camera.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

up until some time ago i had the same problem (at least it sounds like that?)
i always thought it was engine related :?:
haven't noticed it in a while.

could you create a ticket in the bugracker about that, please?
thank you :)
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Yes I will.

I have not had to do it before but is there an easy way to make either a compact video stream or audio clip through Steam or Win10 to demonstrate the issue? I can probably process the video down in resolution to reduce file size since I am on a very slow rural internet connection now (my upload speed is measured in Kbps).
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1