[bug] "Long Way to the Top" an NPC with issues

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Erkan
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi everyone, first time posting.

I'm here to report a bug that may broke the ending of the second quest of the golden sickle "Long way to the Top". It concern Menhir, the npc who spawn at the end. I will try to explain everything in detail so here is what happens:

First, Menhir seem to start talking only if I'm near the mother shroom when I destroy it. If I'm near the waterfall and cast a spell on the shroom, he glitch and cannot be interacted with. Now this is where it becomes interesting. If I manage to interact with him, he seems to act strangely, moving left and right / jiggling like if the npc wanted to go somewhere but couldn't. I know the quest can end two ways (so SPOILER ALERT for the readers who didn't finish the quest). If he decides to jump, he does it and the quest seem to continue without problems. But if I decide to help him, during the event between Hafner and Mendelus and himself, he glitch, continues jiggling and become completely unresponsive, stopping the quest.

I tried to move the npcs around with the console (moveto player) and I noticed that all npcs returned to their place if moved during the event, except Menhir. You cannot even damage him. When he said that the spores got him i didn't think it was that bad ^^

I joined a save file where i'm just at the entrance of the room, i didn't destroy the shroom yet.

Anyways, I have seen several people having the same bug and i hope this can help fixing it in a way or another. Maybe with a patch halving the quantities of spores inhaled by the poor guy, I don't know ^^.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Dateianhänge
Save.7z
(1.73 MiB) 31-mal heruntergeladen
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Hello and welcome to the forum!

For such specific and big bugs, the best and only thing to do is to make a ticket at our bugtracker. Please register with a new account and attach your save files to the ticket (you can just copy paste the description from this post).
Erkan
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I just did that. Thanks :)
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Thank you! :)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1