Are you supposed to be warned about Trespassing?

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I have just encountered a situation where I entered some Guard Towers in Ark Foreign Quarter and after a while got attacked without warning and I wanted to check what the expected behaviour was.

I spotted some doors to the Guard Towers in the Foreign Quarter. They were not locked and gave no warning of being private. I moved around the interiors a bit and found some Guards who watched me silently. They started behaving like shopkeepers do in that they followed me around and watched me. So far so good.

Suddenly one said something like "Wait a minute. Are you...?" and approached me and gave me the "You have a 5 penny bounty - pay, serve time or fight" speech. One of his companions had started attacking my back with his weapon while I was trapped in dialog with the first Guard.

At no time did anyone say I needed to leave. I did not open any locked doors and was not observed stealing any items (although I had opened a few chests from concealment in other rooms).

What would you expect to happen in this situation?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Actually, this is supposed to be an area where you don't belong, you're not a guard.
But it's not / badly recognizable for the player, because it's not locked.

you can also put this in the tracker, you know how to do it^^
as new bug under category [AI]
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

I will. Do I need to collect a list of every Guard Tower or is one short report enough?

I must say it was amazing to find that the City Guards had a whole set of barracks, store rooms, personal clutter and so on... along with a few secrets! I was only in there for a short while of course but a thief character could have a lot of fun!
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

You obviously have a disturbed relationship with guards :lol:
Normally one save (or two) is enough, more information is always better :wink:
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

They seem to have a whole life of their own inside the city walls and buildings... and I only peeked in the Foreign Quarter so far. No wonder they were following me around after that Brawl!

I will have a peek at their main entrances tomorrow and see if I can put the majority of the doors on a map without getting arrested for trespass. It may take a little while to get the interior spaces logged so they can be flagged as private.

In a way it is a shame because it will discourage casual trespassers but I guess that leaves more spoils for the professional cat burglars and rooftop explorers.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1