Increase in font size? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Glosterian8935
Bettler
Bettler

Hi there,
I''ve just found Enderal:FS and, as I loved Skyrim, I love the idea of this game. :)
However, being elderly and disabled, nowadays I'm mainly needing to play games sat up with my legs straight out on a sofa, and the monitor is our 40" TV screen, some feet away.
I find it really an effort to read the game's screens - whether dialogues or quest information or whatever - without great difficulty . I simply can't move nearer though.
Anything you can advise as a fix? I probably need the print double the size it is...
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum!

You can set font size in Mod configuration / Sky UI (small, medium, large. medium is standard).
Unfortunately, I only have the German version.
Dateianhänge
ScreenShot0.jpg
ScreenShot0.jpg (168.56 KiB) 3147 mal betrachtet
Glosterian8935
Bettler
Bettler

Sorry for the delay. I'm really grateful for the info.

You mention '.... go to Mod configuration/SkyUI...' and I see someone else says '...SkyUI is already implemented, don't manually install it. . . .'

Really sorry, I've (clearly!) got no understanding of anything about this sort of thing.... could you just indicate how I'd do all this from first opening the launcher?

Many thanks!
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

You have to launch the game and then either start a new game or load a save. Then you get via ESC to the Mod Configuration Menu > SkyUI and see the screen pictured above.
Glosterian8935
Bettler
Bettler

All done! (So easy when you know!).

Many thanks!
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Glosterian - when you are reading the in-game books and Notes, do you find any of the typefaces hard to read in your playing position?

The reason I ask is that I am about to make a pass over the text in the books for readibility and possibly culling a few thousand commas! In the process I may be adjusting font sizes downwards a little, particularly on short Notes that have one or two words on a second page.

Some of the books already have rather small text and I will hopefully be standardising that upwards a bit but it would be useful to know how you find the reading right now. The ones I am thinking about are the "Encyclopedia Arcana - Magic" set. How do you find those?
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

@Glosterian8935 - Font Size Check

=======

As promised, here is a font size check for those players who may need to have their screen at greater distance when they play Enderal. How do you find this version of A Strange Friend? Please view the Full Size images at 100% at your normal playing distance.

I have standardised the font to that used in Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library. The Headers are font size 25 and all the Body Text is font size 20. From memory I believe the default is somewhere around font size 23 if you don't pick anything. Most of the short Notes I will be leaving at the default size unless excessive word wrapping happens but I feel the books are more legible under normal circumstances if the text is a tiny bit smaller. As you can see I have also brought the Illustrated Capitals in from Lost Library.

Full size : http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/enderal ... iend01.jpg
Bild

Full size : http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/enderal ... iend02.jpg
Bild

Full size : http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/enderal ... iend03.jpg
Bild

Full size : http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/enderal ... iend04.jpg
Bild
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1