New game -> stuck on main menu 

Moderator: Moderatoren

41 Beiträge Seite 4 von 5
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

maybe this is annoying with ENBoost, but maybe also with the Skyrim-Engine itself, we're still testing it.

(In general, additional tools, whether from the graphics card or various Overlay´s could cause problems.)
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

I see, I tried ending all the applications I wasn't using e.g. nvidia experience and plays.tv etc... But the problem remains unresolved. I remembered something potentially useful. My friend who I made download the game to test and see if it works on his system, has almost identical hardware and even software, and the game worked just fine for him. This was really weird because we have the same gpu and apps and I don't see how it would work on his computer but not mine. What we can conclude from this is that the game doesn't redirect me correctly, since when I run the game, it's skyrim's main menu, and skyrim's theme plays, and skyrim's icon in the taskbar, not Enderal's. http://prntscr.com/mq4xsr
I also wouldn't mind chatting with one of the mods at a certain time we agree on( Just PM me, I'll try to provide all information needed in a timely manner) so that we can make progress and find a solution faster, instead of posting and waiting for replies. Of course this is just a suggestion, and whether it's possibly useful or not is not up to me, I simply wish to show that I'm willing to cooperate if the need arises. Thanks
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

You wrote earlier that you turned off antivirus / firewall during installation, even when you started the game?
Is the Enderal-launcher / the Enderal-installation-paths also listed there as allowed (withelist)?
(To be on the safe side, set the entries even when the antivirus program is deactivated and in the Windows-defender)

+ another possibility would be here
You have Windows10? then look for "Windows File Access",
here you can find instructions how to unlock it. (please run as administrator)
That pertains to: ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal, ...\AppData\Local\enderal and ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal
also the Enderal Launcher.exe
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

I've went over the things mentioned again, it didn't work. windows file access was already unlocked. I just remembered, My windows user account is my hotmail account, and that caused me trouble before with other installations, maybe that interferes? I'll try to make a new user and see.
Edit: Game didn't work there as well.
Davipb
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 14 Mal

Could you check if the paths present in Data/SKSE/Plugins/SkyrimRedirector.ini are correct (aka point to the right Enderal.ini and EnderalPrefs.ini files, the same as the launcher)?
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

Holy shit dude, You are the savior. You are right on, fucking onedrive messed up my files... I relocated those files you mentioned, and after I fixed the destination, it was fixed. It's such a huge relief, after all these posts (35!!). I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now that it's fixed, it's time to lay waste.
Thank you all, the mods especially for being so patient and helpful, and all the others .
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

28.02.2019 19:46Davipb hat geschrieben:
Could you check if the paths present in Data/SKSE/Plugins/SkyrimRedirector.ini are correct (aka point to the right Enderal.ini and EnderalPrefs.ini files, the same as the launcher)?
holy shit, thank you :shock:
28.02.2019 21:24tenfoldko hat geschrieben:
Holy shit dude, You are the savior. You are right on, fucking onedrive messed up my files... I relocated those files you mentioned,
and after I fixed the destination, it was fixed. It's such a huge relief, after all these posts (35!!).
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now that it's fixed, it's time to lay waste.
Thank you all, the mods especially for being so patient and helpful, and all the others .
i'm so goddamn happy for you :cry:
have fun playing :thumbsup:
BigMommaYates667
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

28.02.2019 19:46Davipb hat geschrieben:
What do you mean by that? Should the skyrim redirector.ini be in the exact same folder as the Enderal redirector.ini? I moved the skyrim redirector.ini to the same folder as the launcher as the Enderal folder and I got the Skyrim menu screen instead.

I'm still having trouble accessing the Enderal menu screen. The music plays and I can see the Mod Art but still no options.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

your issue seems to be different - the one above is fixed by now :)

and you see Enderal's art, not the Skyrim main screen?
you probably have screen resolution outside of 16:9.

you can either try FlawlessWidescreen, or editing the ini directly to use a resolution of max 2560x1440.

edit
the enderalprefs.ini, sorry, just realized that I didn't mention which one.
accessible via launcher or in ... \Documents\My Games\Enderal
tamjack0
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

ISSUE: I get to the skyrim loading screen where the option is to explore Enderal and it just then stays on the screen with the skyrim logo.

Just downloaded Enderal: Forgotten Stories from steam.

I have two main drives C & D

D is where all my games are located.

I've validated files, checked redirection and corrected it to the right location - steam created the my games\ Enderal folder in C but I cut it into D\my games

I did note that in the redirection file there was a command to a file called plugins.txt but no such file exists so not sure if it creates one when it opens?

I'm pretty computer illiterate as well so don't always understand what many users seem to know by experience
41 Beiträge Seite 4 von 5