notice text keeps flashing, needs a restart

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
sebmojo
Bettler
Bettler

hello, i have a problem in that the 'alert' text (where the game flashes a message to you, like 'thieves attack!' keeps flashing forever until a restart. is there a fix for this? unmodded steam SE version install.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 430 Mal

Hello sebmojo

where are you currently in the game, please send us your current saved game,
You can find it under: C:\Users\ -Your Account- \Documents\My Games\Enderal Special Edition\Saves
A save always consists of to same named files, an ess file and a skse file. You can pack the files into an archive (example: zip, 7z..., skse is not accepted by forum) and then upload this here using the extended reply option under "File attachments".
Did you use any cheats?

PS.
I hope you have created many different manual savegames, because loading a older save solves the most problems by itself^
(so if possible, don't just rely on auto- or quicksave)
sebmojo
Bettler
Bettler

09.07.2024 08:59Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Hello sebmojo

where are you currently in the game, please send us your current saved game,
You can find it under: C:\Users\ -Your Account- \Documents\My Games\Enderal Special Edition\Saves
A save always consists of to same named files, an ess file and a skse file. You can pack the files into an archive (example: zip, 7z..., skse is not accepted by forum) and then upload this here using the extended reply option under "File attachments".
Did you use any cheats?

PS.
I hope you have created many different manual savegames, because loading a older save solves the most problems by itself^
(so if possible, don't just rely on auto- or quicksave)
danke schon stefanie. attached the save - i've been doing regular manual saves too, the problem has persisted for a while.
Dateianhänge
flashing alert text Saves.7z
(1.49 MiB) 48-mal heruntergeladen
sebmojo
Bettler
Bettler

and no, no cheats, no mods. the flashing text persists through zone changes, sleeping, meditation, basically everything but a full restart.
sebmojo
Bettler
Bettler

i just double checked, and saving manually then reloading the save still has the text persisting - needs a full restart of the game.
sebmojo
Bettler
Bettler

but if another text happens then it will take precedence. also, quitting to the main menu doesn't help - it needs to be quit to desktop.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 430 Mal

Where does this message appear, in the center of the image or perhaps at the top left?
Can you please take a screenshot of the message?
Do you have any background programs or graphics tools that might be showing something?
We do not have this message and therefore cannot clearly reproduce your error.

Otherwise, try repairing the installation via Steam

if that doesn't work, do a clean reinstall (a bit more effort):
  • Uninstall Enderal
  • Manual delete the folder with possible game remnants under: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal Special Edition
  • Delete the settings by emptying the folder: C:\Users\-Your Account-\Documents\My Games\Enderal Special Edition
    !with the exception of the "Saves" folder contained there, in which the game saves are located!
  • Delete the contents of: C:\Users\-Your Account-\AppData\Local\Enderal Special Edition
  • Restart and then install Enderal again
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1