My God [Story discussion - heavy spoilers]

Moderator: Moderatoren

45 Beiträge Seite 5 von 5
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i have 2 fairly new thoughts...
the first one, in the beginning of the story when we enter that first ancient temple, what's the second rune key for? that one on the ledge that's slightly hidden...

and second, in that starling city, just after you get off the airship, off to the side, there's that lost one's remains just sitting there inert, just one, a single lone lost one... and it looks to be long dead before we even get there. does anyone have any ideas about that? because most of the explanations i came up with don't hold any water...
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

Casper hat geschrieben:
i have 2 fairly new thoughts...
the first one, in the beginning of the story when we enter that first ancient temple, what's the second rune key for? that one on the ledge that's slightly hidden...
No deeper meaning there, other than too many players couldn't find the first one. The second key was added later with one of the patches, because in some cases the other one glitched through the floor.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i've been doing more thinking and something just struck me... just how much time passes between the cleansing and the beginning of a new civilization? from what i believe (which is formed from ingame sources), it seems like only a few thousand years, like ten millennia or less... now, with the beacon, without something to focus it... it kills off all animal life across the planet, right? shouldn't just basic "unassisted" recovery take like hundreds of thousands of years, longer still for more advance forms of life? if that much time passed there wouldn't be much left physically of anything man-made after so much time. so is there some kind of life seeding that goes on after a few thousand years? or is the damage done to the ecology and the fatality rate less then it appeared to be, so animal life and a few humans manage to survive? even if the ecology isn't damaged, it should still take tens of thousands of years for humanoid life to reappear. or am i missing anything?

(take note: these aren't figures i pulled from mid air, but stuff i learned in school 20 years ago or so, or what managed to stick anyway)
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Yeah, the passage of time is somewhat unclear. Even more, if we take into account that all life disappears, how come that Pyreans appear to be identical to contemporary humans? Might be that Vyn doesn't really have evolution, but that there actually are some creator gods (or god) that create life in a relatively short amount of time.
DimSwan
Bettler
Bettler

If I understand correctly, this is the gratitude thread.
Therefore I want to submit my deepest appreciation of team's work.
By the Fire and Flame, experience from Enderal was magnificient - especially all this wonderful, perversive irony.
Thank you for your labour - it brought so much joy to so many people.
45 Beiträge Seite 5 von 5